Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Gen slide stuck out, stranded

98 36', gen slide, jacks, rear engine door and slide will not work. Been having intermittent probs with for a couple of weeks, they all work or all does not work....panel lights up normal, good battery, clicking heard by relays, but pump never comes on....any help greatly appreciated! 318-537-2214

"Sharing th Gospel of Jesus Christ through ventriloquism and puppetry."
2TALK42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #2

B&V- the problem is electrical, and almost certainly a connection or fuse; could be the pump has fried. You might get better help if you post details on the prior problems.

I'd start @ the HWH main gear location, which I think is behind PS front tire. Check all connections for clean & tight (actually put a wrench on them & check, not just visual). I'd check voltage at the pump while trying to operate a slide; I've heard HWH is fussy if you don't have full voltage to operate its stuff and you need to check while trying to draw current. Let us know what you get.

The motherboard is in an enclosure, probably w/an aluminum cover (later ones have plexiglass so you can read the LEDs w/out opening the enclosure) in an o-ring; peel the o-ring back off one corner, then proceed around to remove the cover. You may have an auxiliary access panel in the basement to assist (later models do) in viewing and handling the control assembly. You can get the fuse/LED schematic off the ACA Tech Library under WRV-HWH (HWH 625 Fuses LEDs...) which is very handy diagnosing.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
when trying to retract or extend gen slide, jacks, room slide or engine access door, I get 12v at pump. this has been going on about two weeks, sometimes everything works or it does not....

Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Your main computer/control is probably located under the dash, in the center of the coach, on the "firewall." The early units have a few interlocks that will disable the system. Is the coach in neutral and the park brake set? Your system is earlier than the one Mike is referring to, check out the information here.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/showpost....78&postcount=3
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
coach is in nuetral, park brake set

Old 06-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
one time nothing would work until we plugged into shore power then everything worked. Another time, nothing worked when plugged into shore powere but we had to crank the gen then everything worked.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
I've checked all the fuses on one side of the control, but will have to go back to the coach(in coffee shop for internet) to check the leds, it is solid alum. not sure on to get to leds.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
just got off phone with hwh, they are 97% sure pump is fried...have new one ordered...thanks for input, just one more thing, how do you get the stupid thing back in manually!!!!?????

Old 06-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
2Talk42:

Here is the manual for your unit. It shows the emergency procedures to retract slides (rooms and genset).

Basically it involves letting the pressure out of the system and pushing the slide in. Make sure to secure it before traveling since without pressure to hold it in, it can slide out again.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH Owner's Manual.pdf (395.5 KB, 161 views)
Old 06-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Brian & Vicki, One other thing you may want to do if all "lights" in your control panel show every thing working properly and before you install the pump is to loosen and clean the connections to the pump motor, the pump relay (the big and small wires) and then retighten everythig down. It has worked so far for me,when I had a simiar problem. Lots easier than replacing pump? pump motor?
Good Luck, Matt
zinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Unhappy

This has happened to Donna & I Twice and both times it was the Pump Motor it burned out. It is easy to replace once you disconnect the power.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #12

This doesn't sound like your specific problem but another thing to check is the wiring harness electrical connector on the back side of the hydraulic control touch pad behind your console slide. On the earlier models WRV used an electrical plug that just slid onto the pins on the panel back. There was no snap, screws or other means of holding the connection together.

On my 2003 every time I opened and closed the console slide the cord & plug would wiggle a little bit until I had intermittant, or no, contact. I fixed the problem by using a "P" shaped hose or electrical clamp to attach the wire harness to the slide so the wire bundle had to move in and out with the slide, rather than the movement flexing the connector.

Harold
2006 Alpine 36MDDS
being pushed by a
2006 Jeep Liberty Diesel
NorCal Hal is offline   Reply With Quote