Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #1

Generator Slide-out

Yesterday I started the generator on my 2005 Alpine because I had not run it for two month. While it was running I put the slide out about half way. After I stopped the generator the slide would not move back in. Does anyone have an idea
what is wrong. Is their a fuse I should be looking for?

Jim Good
2005 40ft Alpine

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #2

Jim,
The 1st thing I would try is resetting the Vansco using the chassis disconnect. Then check to see if the plug came loose on the switch. I believe you can manually turn the shaft with a socket or wrench as a last resort.

Also make sure the ignition switch is on.

05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #3

Remember the hydraulic pump must be on to move anything, which, on our '99, required the ignition be on as well.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #4

My 05 has an electric motor. It is possible non quad slides units still had a hydraulic gen slide in 05. At least a non quad unit would have the required 2 available solenoid positions on the hydraulic manifold.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #5

generator slide-out

Wayne yes I have an elecitic slide on the generator and I have been putting the ignition switch on. I just tried disconnecting the chassis battery to reset the Vansco. I left it off for 5 min. but it didn't fix the problem. Where is the nut that you can hand crank? By the way my Alpine is a 40FDQS also.

Jim Good.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #6

Jim, I not sure but I was told it could be run in or out by hand. I suspect if you remove the motor there will be a flat or hex on the shaft to allow you to turn the worm screw.

A power probe would be handy in this case. You could apply 12 volts directly to the motor and run the slide in or out or at least verify if the motor was the problem. Link to powerprobe
Home
Old 12-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Jim,

I have a 2005 and there is a 12VDC fuse panel in the bathroom behind a white pulloff panel. I'm not sure if there is a fuse there for the gen slide but I know there is for the cable reel as mine blows now & then.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #8

I went through a lot of troubleshooting on my '04. Even rewired straight to 12v with heaver wire. It helped a little. I finally found out the roller bearings are not all sealed and need lubrication. I oiled all the horixontal bearings with a large amount of 3 in 1 oil. Now the slide works like it should.
Richard and Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Jim, don't know if you found the fuze, but the last post above is a good one to remember, the lubrication should be done at least twice a year in dry weather, and 4 times a year if it's a wet climate. I do mine once on the road, when we put it in storage once were home, and then before we leave for the season. That works out to about every 4 months or so. Lube the screw shaft and wipe of the excess, and all the roller bearings with 3in1 oil. This should help. You can also try the power probe to get around the bad fuse if necessary, but you will be under the coach for that process. Please let us know what the problem was/is when you get it.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #10

Generator slide

I would like to thank everyone for your help. After I lubricated the ball screw I was able to get the slide back in. Jim Good 40 ft Alpine

Tags
generator