Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #1

Gerstel is selling his 07SE coach

I feel like organ music should be playing dirges in the background, or maybe bagpipes wailing.
Dale listed his coach for sale.
We will miss a real friend to iRV2. Those newish to the forum may not have become acquainted w/Dale & his exhaustive "tuning" work, though he has chimed in a few times recently to assist on a tech issue or three. Twas a time he posted quite frequently, and always had good stuff to share. Dale was the guy (or his chassis guy to be more exact) that brought the steering gear issue for later model rigs to light, including posting home movies of the weakness.
We already miss you buddy, and you ain't even gone yet!!!

Whoever buys Dale's rig will have a good $50k of upgrades already installed, considering the labor.
Here is the mother-of-all-DIY threads where he posted some of the mods he's done.
Here is where he installed 6 tall AGMs for house batt's.
Maximizing waste tank usage.
RO usage tip.
Here is one of many threads he started for the good of the order (I could do this all day).

Gunna miss you buddy And someone is going to get a realllly nice coach.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Mike,

I am not sure if I deserve such praise, and thank you. I have had a few issues that have prevented me from being as busy on the forum and coach, but still try to check what is going on when I can.

I did have a senior moment and forgot to show the desk/filecabinet that is available with the coach. I have added it to the photos now.

Hopefully no one will have to miss me. After I sell this coach, I plan on trying to find an Alpine 34, to fit in new home. Then I can get back to up-grading the new coach and becoming active with the forum again.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #3

Dale,
We hope you will still be active in the forum even during your hunt for a 34'. And thanks so much for all the help you have given to all of us in the past! EM is right in that somebody is going to get a hell of a Alpine when they get yours.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Dale, I want to add my sentiments to those already given as I have asked about you at several rallies.

I hope that you can complete the sale of your current coach and make the transition quickly so that we can share in your DYI projects!!

Good luck.

Raymond
Voiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Dale we aren't going to miss you. You will sell your fine coach and turn right around and get a 35 or I mean a 34. Then start right over on the mods.

But, have you thought about removing 5'1" out of the middle? You could keep most of your fine tuned work!

Wish I had a little extra $ lying around.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Wish I had a little extra money lying around X2.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #7

Some folks like a super compact coach, but the 34" model never sold too well. I heard Shaq bought a pair to use as roller skates
Old 04-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Dale, I can thank you for all the help you have been to all of us, but in my case, I believe your posts have saved us thousands of dollars in work needing to be checked that WRV failed to do, had we not read your posts, our coach by now would be ashes. Thank you, and FWIW, I know of a 08 Mid Door 36 for sale, which you might be interested in, send me a PM if you are.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Dale I'm sorry to hear your selling your Alpine.

To all that may be interested in the purchase of Dale and Dixie's "new" coach!
Debbie and I will say, that we purchased Dale and Dixie's 2002 34' FDDS back in 2007, we have been smiling ever time we take it out. Dale provided us with a complete list of all his updates and adjustments, which were many and I still feel that we got a much better coach then if we had purchased a new one!

Dale I hope you sell your's and find a 34' soon and it meets all your needs but you can not have this one back (sorry we are still trying to wear it out)LOL.
We hope you and Dixie are healthy and happy.

Wally & Debbie

2002 Alpine Coach 34 FDDS
Wally & Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Wally & Debbie,

I think Dixie is still not to happy with me for selling you our old coach, but I am sure she will get over it sometime :-)

To All,

We have decided to keep this coach and deal with the issues involved in fitting it in new home. I have already done most of what I wanted to it and would like to spend some of my time on an other hobby, Cars. Bought a Mini last year, spent a LOT of $ on it and then decided it wasn't fast enough. Just got my replacement, a new Camaro ZL1, at 580 Hp, I think it should be fast enough for me for quite a while. Hopefully we can get back to coming to some of the rallies and see all of the wonderful Alpine owners soon. Just for fun, here is photos of the cars.

ps Mini is up for sale.

Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Dale; I'm glad you are going to try and keep your alpine it is beautifull.
Debbie likes your new camaro!
Do you think if we bought you cooper it would fit in the bed of my new truck?
Well, I have owned it since 1970, but I did just rebuild it myself (3 years) and got it on the road. We hope to use it as a toad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0647.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	271.3 KB
ID:	38593  

2002 Alpine Coach 34 FDDS
Wally & Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #12

Makes me want to post pics of my Hot Wheels collection!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #13

NICE Camaro Dale..

My brother in law just got the Same Monster in Yellow..

Have FUN
NV_Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #14

Dale,
Here is the first thing you need to do to your New Camaro.
They really make the car...

2010 Camaro Concept SMD Sidemarkers

2010-'13 Camaro Concept SMD Sidemarkers
AAC - Oracle Halo Kit
NV_Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote