Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #1

Groovy

No, not like in the 60s

The Goodyear G670 thread reminded me about this issue. Has anyone ever done? The tires say they are regrooveable.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #2

Age will probably get your tires before they would need to be regrooved, unless something is wrong with the alignment, or you drive a lot more than most of us. Truckers will, but not us.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #3

My G670 front tires are wearing substatnialy on both inside and outside edges. Enough that I am concerned. I intend to replace all tires because they are 6 years old. Originally I had Toyo's that wore on the outside edges. When I had the Goodyears put on I had the coach aligned but Schwab said I did not need the alignment. Is the edge wearing normal? We do quite a bit of mountain driving even though my BH and dog don't care much for that.
Thanks

40' 2004 ALPINE COACH FDTS
chris cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #4

My G670s are four years old and have 35,000 miles. My old Toyos cupped on the edges like most seemed to do. My G670 on the drivers' side is OK and the passengers' side is wearing on the outside. I measured the tread depth the other day and the drivers' side is 11 to 12/32 and the passengers' side is 12 to 9/32, with the low number on the outside. The tires are not cupped like the Toyos did. I had the front end aligned 17,0000 miles ago, when I had noticed the wear on the passenger side. I run Koni shocks.

Now, my neighbors' Beaver has a passenger side tire that looks pretty much like mine, altho less mileage (don't know, but would guess he has under 15,000 on his three year old coach). His driver side looks OK.

Now I am wondering if this is due to the crown in the road and weight shift to the passenger side? Guess to really understand, I should get front end measurements.

Now, I had gone all around and measured my tread depth. The rears are basically at 11 to 10/32 and pretty evenly worn. The original depth according to the Goodyear site is 16/32, which seems to imply about half the tread life if you were to replace at 1/8 to 1/16 inch.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote