Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Just to advise everyone - We brought our APEX to Junction City,OR to have a number of "Bugs" and Warranty issues addressed...having made the appointment 4 months ago. We have been sitting in their Service Department for over 3 hours because they are now refusing to do any Warranty work for WRV.

#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Just to advise everyone - We brought our APEX to Junction City,OR to have a number of "Bugs" and Warranty issues addressed...having made the appointment 4 months ago. We have been sitting in their Service Department for over 3 hours because they are now refusing to do any Warranty work for WRV.

#75710.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
This is not a very good health indicator for WRV.

Could this be the beginning of the end?
Gary Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #4

The Swans, I hate to bring bad karma to anyone. We are going to go to Hilton Head for the Pre-Rally and I do expect some very direct answers.If anyone cares to join me I would be happy to welcome there comments and thoughts. I don't know who all plans to attend but I will come out of this rally whatever, knowing exactly where we are going. Alpine is way to quiet and I would like some very direct answers. Does anyone know who in Alpine personnell plan to be in attendance? I think by there quiet manner we are very much in the same frame of thought. Mike & Danny, do you have any comments or thoughts?
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Ted, in my conversation with Burk, he told me that he and Ron Doyle will be at the Hilton Head pre-rally the entire time, and then will be at the Perry FMCA rally that entire time. Richard Fish from Monomoy is going to try to get to Hilton Head, but that is still uncertain. I really hope you have the opportunity to sit down with Ron & Burk, and that you will post your thoughts from that meeting.

Have a safe trip to Hilton Head!

Gail
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #6

Ted III,

Buddy and I plan to be in Hilton Head and look forward to seeing you and Carol there.

I had a call today from a customer service rep. from WRV taking a customer survey. From her questions, it seems they are trying to do a turn-around as far as public relations with their customers. She said she would be contacting every WRV owner.

Beverly
Old 03-10-2007, 04:01 AM   #7

Buddy & Beverly, it will be great to see you at Hilton Head.
The phone call you received is the first glimmer of hope that any of us have had for some time. Obviously the forum is read by others than just ourselves. Not knowing much about the Western part of the country but my impression is that the Guaranty was a pretty big player from Alpine's position.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:58 AM   #8

Ted and others,

I believe Guaranty RV is Alpine's biggest dealer and best promotor of Alpines, so it is scary that they are refusing to do warranty work.

I do want to emphasize that the phone call I received made me have a very positive feeling that WRV is doing their best to correct their shortcomings.

It is reality, though, that the motor home climate, with such an increase of fuel costs over the past couple yrs. or so, is going to present a very difficult situation. Even doing their very best to correct some problems may not be enough to overcome the situation. With big companies like National having their problems, I would have to admit to being just cautiously optimistic that WRV can make the turnaround needed. I certainly hope so, anyway. We still really like our Alpine, but like everyone else, hope to get the "bugs" corrected, which they have promised to do. There is really nothing else out there that we would rather have, given the price range, etc.

Max Zacula has been excellent in working with us. We couldn't ask for better treatment, prompt return of calls, etc. We have a date of May 29 to be at the factory to sort out our final (we hope) items.

I might add that we are not just making that long trip just to go to the factory. I have a 93 yr. old aunt and numerous relatives who live in the Boise, ID area, so we will make it a combo visiting, sightseeeing, and factory trip.

I believe all of you will be receiving your calls from the factory. As I said in the earlier post, I was told that all would be contacted.

Beverly
Old 03-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
After 6 hours of sitting in Customer Service, Guaranty finally took our coach at 1:30 and started some work that Carefree of Colorado had authorized under their warranty. At 4:30 Lindsay assured us that the owner of Guaranty had committed to doing the warranty work on our Apex next week. We will keep you posted!
#75710.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks to the leg work of Mike Glazier on the WRV side and to Lindsay Hargett at Guaranty RV contacting the owner of Guaranty - they saw that it was in their best interest to continue providing warranty work on the WRV Alpines they are selling.

They have been providing excellent service to us since Monday and all of the issues are being addressed.
#75710.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
This resolves one problem. However, knowing what was behind the decision by the owner of Guaranty RV to not do warranty work in the first place is the question that goes begging.

Jeff
'98 Alpine
36' FDS
Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 PM   #12

FYI:
We are now having work done at Beaudry in Tuscon without problems!

Sully