Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #15
Andy wrote "I would let WRV earn their reputation back before even considering buying another one of their "Grapefuits"

I couldn't disagree more. The quality and service on our 2007 36 FDTS have been excellent. I see a real positive approach to both at WRV and I think it is reflected in the recent posts about warranty work.
I does look like they had a couple of bad years but they are coming back with a new attitude.

ClarkBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2008, 07:04 AM   #16
Maybe you can share your positive experiences with the 42 proud owners of the Alpine Coach Avalanche. I bet they would beg to differ.
Maybe you need to talk to some of the Alpine Dealers that do warranty work. I personnaly had warranty work. The warranty center came after me because WRV was not paying. Even with an authorization from the factory rep they still took almost 6 months to pay the authorized repair facility.
The folks in our group refer to the factory repair facility as "Camp Runamuk". Many have spend 3 weeks to two months there only to driveaway with the same issues or even some new ones.
Western RV has a long way to go to earn there reputation back.

Andy Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #17
Isn't the Apex no longer in production?
I'm talking about recent history and the posts I read indicate things and attitudes are changing.
While Monomy Capital is in it for the money, it would be counterproductive for them to antagonize their customers (especially vociferous members of this forum) and dealers. I don't think they are that stupid, but it may have taken them a while to see the depth of the problems and begin changing the culture at WRV.
Also, the posts I read on this Forum indicate to me that the new attitude is positive and helpful. The negative posts seem to be about how things were or have been.
Since you asked: Please check the posts under my name to see my experiences.
Lastly, while people complain about their Alpine Coaches most also say they also love them and wouldn't buy anything else.
Before we bought an Alpine Coach I diligently read all the new posts on this Forum and researched the complaints. The real frustrating issues seemed to center around the 2005 and 2006 models and so I avoided those years. As a matter of fact, I really questioned if I wanted to give up our reliable Trek for a much more expensive motorhome that seemed to have a lot of angry owners. Three things changed my mind:
My posted concerns/questions were responded to by a phone call from WRV. They were very helpful and they acted (I had posted about a friend's problems with his new 34' Alpine). They got the problems solved. Secondly, my friend still loved to drive his Alpine and he had traded in a $700,000 (new) 40' 2005 Country Coach to buy it. The CC had been in the shop for 6 months in the past two years and he didn't think anything was fixed.
Lastly, posters on this Forum said they still loved their Alpine.
So, my two cents on an overworked topic.

ClarkBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #18
It appears that Andy Bean is a proud Fleetwood Revolution LE 42n owner as of December 2007, as noted at this link: Any Revolution owners

"Andy Bean Posted January 30, 2008 10:43 AM

We bought the Revolution LE 42n last month.

A few searches shows a tremendous number of problems with quality and service at Fleetwood, with some believing it is the worst of the worst.

So, my conclusion: Stop bashing the manufacturers - WRV, Fleetwood, etc - since we are here to help each other, not to bash one brand over another.
Dale & Karin
2006 Alpine Coach Limited 36FDTS
Watercolor Artist: http://www.cindydaunis.com/
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #19
Thought I would post a reply since I had started the thread. To date, all of our problems have been fixed, and WRV has stepped up to the plate and paid for them, some that we didn't even expect. Some were not even Alpine related and took repeated tries to get solved (ex. refrig.) When I wrote this post, it was from the heart. We had had several problems back to back. Some were actually very minor, but seemed major. Fortunately, we never had "coach" problems like leaks, etc. Many times it was as simple as a loose wire connection. Probably the 05 and 06 coaches have had more "bugs" to work out than other model years; but it seems the rash of problems are over. At least there doesn't seem to be many posts now about problems in these particular years. And yes, I think WRV has made a turnaround in their service policy. I have no complaints about WRV.

Buddy and Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #20
In response, I have quit complaining. Has WRV made me a happy camper NO? Do they owe me anything going forward NO. Do I like my Alpine YES!!!!!!!!! Am I concerned about the future absolutely? I have minor roof delimitation, the wrinkles in the cap, Excessive flex on the passenger slide that is fatiguing the door structure. Will they admit to design flaws that cause failures I don't know? Will they assist with repairs in the future at their cost as opposed to a profit not sure?

Is this forum for cheering WRV or a place to share help and concerns?
Wayne & Kathy
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:29 AM   #21
Yes I did by a Fleetwood product. My experience with WRV is first hand and truthful. I owned an Alpine Coach Avalanche for 1 year. Spent thousands of dollars trying to keep it on the road. We never took a single trip without having something break. WRV claimed ignorance of issues that I new from talking to other Avalanche owners the problems were and are existing and common to all of the Avalanche series. Big problems like chronic paint peeling and slide defects. Electrical problems, and leaking problems.
I traded my Alpine at a significant loss. Am I bitter, of course?

I wish you nothing but the best. Hopefully your experience is better than mine. I simply would not reward WRV with the purchase of another coach after my FIRST HAND experience and the direct knowledge of others who have had the same experience.
Good luck with your Alpine.
Andy Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:38 AM   #22
Andy- all you had to say was <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Avalanche</span>. We'd understand.

Monomoy, however, has been continuously improving WRV's initial quality, service response, and coach features. It isn't like when you were attempting to debug the A-word. That's my first hand experience. Mike

Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote