Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #15

Here the link for the Bendix AD-9 dryer service instructions: http://www.bendixvrc.com/itemDisplay...ocumentID=5091

EM--Will also send you a PDF if I can figure it out--dean
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #16

EM--PDF on the way to you....probably more than anyone will ever need/want to know about AD-9s....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
My air pump cycles between 125 psi and 135 psi. At 650 engine rpm it takes about 60 sec to go from 125 psi to 135 psi and about 15 sec to go back down to 125 psi. So thats 60 sec on and 15 sec off. In the installation instructions for the dryer it says the pump needs to be off at least 30 sec for the dryer to work properly. The 2002 Alpine I had was off for a much longer time. So when I was at Cummins for other things I asked them why. They checked for air leaks found nothing and said it was different than the 02 because of the variable vane turbo that uses air to operate and was ok. Seems like it's not ok for the dryer to operate properly. Do any of you have the same cycle times?
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
I am not sure how long it takes the pressure to drop on my '07 but it makes it hard to get 120 psi in the front tires. I thought I must have an air leak but could hear nothing. I turned the engine off and pressurized the system from my shop compressor. So where is that air going when you are idling and the suspension is inactive?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #19

I just replaced the air dryer cartridge on my coach at 46,627 miles and oil seepage for who knows how long. I have to say that changing the cartridge was one of the fastest and easiest things I have ever done on this coach!

I was able to do everything standing and reaching in from the rear engine compartment door. Had I wiped the hydraulic reservoir and body / frame better I don't think I would have even gotten dirty - a FIRST when it comes to working on this thing.

You have to reach in and around the hydraulic reservoir but it did not require stretching or the normal gymnastics.

Probably took 15 minutes tops. I don't know why they have you replace the four 15mm bolts as they certainly aren't stressed or subject to any significant heat, but I did.

Harold
NorCal Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #20
hax

Harold: Did you disconnect the air lines and remove the whole air dryer from the coach to replace the filter or did you just take the canister off of the top? Those 15 minute jobs usually end up taking about a day and half for me.

2003 ALPINE 40FDTS
hax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
You do not have to disconnect any lines or remove the whole unit. You simply open the air valve to release the air, remove the four bolts on the sides of the canister, lift off the filter canister, replace the filter and replace the bolts. As Harold says it takes 15-30 minutes for anyone to do the replacement.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #22

....as Jerry said. In fact I neglected to open the air drain valve rior to starting which could have been interesting although any air would blow out when I loosened the bolts.

I store the coach lowered onto the frame (?) or whatever it sits on when all the air is bled from the air bags and for some unknown reason a few days ago I had opened the air drain, which I normally don't so, which emptied the air tank.

Harold
NorCal Hal is offline   Reply With Quote