Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave and Jaime View Post
Ouch! That's over $400! About $90 per hour. Not exactly skilled labor, either.
When you are disabled you have someone else do it or it doesn't get done. Joe
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For a modest investment, a dual-action orbital polisher can make that big chore a LOT easier. Hand waxing is OK if you have a Mini Cooper but even then . . .

I have a Porter Cable and it works great. Just need a couple foam polishing pads and you'll soon be wanting to buff and wax all your neighbor's cars (but maybe not their RVs).

Here is a good link to explain how these polishers work. I bought my Porter Cable at Lowe's hardware then ordered the pads online. I'm not invested with these guys in any way, just wanted to pass on the info.
Dual Action Orbital Polisher Guide: how to remove swirls, scratches, & oxidation with an orbital buffer. Porter Cable 7424, foam pads, backing plate,

Enjoy!
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
My disability is occasional laziness. I admit I've paid twice. I just kept putting it off and finally decided to pay someone else. I have found people cheaper on occasion but always talk myself into doing it myself.... eventually.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak View Post
I do my own I hate to pay some on when I can do the job just or allmost as good and he in making 90.00 per hr. Not that I am cheep I am old school
I've used mobile services but found I enjoy doing it myself. Not all at one time but will spread it out over a couple of days. I use REJEX for all painted surfaces and windows. MH is stored outside and the wax holds up for 8 -10 months. No buffing - wipe on - let dry - wipe off. Slick as glass.
Deerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhunter View Post
I've used mobile services but found I enjoy doing it myself. Not all at one time but will spread it out over a couple of days. I use REJEX for all painted surfaces and windows. MH is stored outside and the wax holds up for 8 -10 months. No buffing - wipe on - let dry - wipe off. Slick as glass.
I forgot to add the a website where you can read all about REJEX. Here it is:
RejeX Polymer Coating (16 oz.) - So Slick, Bugs Can't Stick! - MyPilotStore.com
Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Deerhunter:

Where are you getting your Rejex? I've seen ads and thought about trying it, but then couldn't find the ad or seller. Sounds like it would work good on the front cap especially.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:23 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
Deerhunter:

Where are you getting your Rejex? I've seen ads and thought about trying it, but then couldn't find the ad or seller. Sounds like it would work good on the front cap especially.
Don't buy more than you need. Sometimes it will stick to sides of container after being stored about a year. I have a 39' Newmar DSDP and will used a 16oz bottle on coach & windshields. A little more is required if you do all the windows.
Living in Florida we get Love Bugs 2 times a year. Those little guys create one hell of a mess. RejeX makes it easier to get the mess cleaned up quickly.
Last time I bought it was from the Pilot Shop. Sometimes you can find it locally and save the shipping cost.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks for the advice. I was tempted to buy 2. I did a little check on the Internet and found it was cheapest at mypilotstore. I haven't seen it locally, but never thought to try pilot shops. In fact, I just polished the Centurion this afternoon. Duh!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I was tempted to buy 2. I did a little check on the Internet and found it was cheapest at mypilotstore. I haven't seen it locally, but never thought to try pilot shops. In fact, I just polished the Centurion this afternoon. Duh!!!
HI Takepride
I don't know which model Centurion you have but they have been a great aircraft since their introduction back in the late 50s and have continued to be expanded on, upgraded, and have had design enhancements ever since.

A pilot myself, I retired after 35 years with Piper Aircraft and continue to live in Vero Beach, Fl. (home of Piper Aircraft). I don't fly anymore and the only feeling of speed I get is either in the Corvette or on the Honda Gold Wing. But the love of flying and the love of aircraft never leaves you as you already know.

Good luck with the RejeX - it looks like you won't have to worry about buying too much with all the waxing you will be doing. LOL
Old 07-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
You can pick RejeX up on Ebay for 110 per gallon
Wally

2002 Alpine Coach 34 FDDS
Wally & Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:08 AM   #26

Alpine Owners Club
Deerhunter:

How many times could I wax my coach with Wally's gallon of RejeX? Which will expire first, the bottle of wax or me?

I received it today. I may have to try it out tomorrow.

The Centurion is a '79 P206.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:07 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thumbs up rejex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhunter View Post
I forgot to add the a website where you can read all about REJEX. Here it is:
RejeX Polymer Coating (16 oz.) - So Slick, Bugs Can't Stick! - MyPilotStore.com
This stuff is amazing....we met the guy who developed this stuff....my husband is a fishing guide here at the coast and uses this on his boat and it works great and last for the fishing season....the developer suggested using it on windshields as it won't leave that foggy film like rainX....
texaspenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #28

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Deerhunter:

If you want to save on shipping, your local True Value Hardware store should stock it (mine does).