Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Our original hd Sharp monitor must be replaced to match up with the new receiver required by Directv. Anyone found a unit that will fit into the 31.5" hole between the cabinets in front?
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Our original hd Sharp monitor must be replaced to match up with the new receiver required by Directv. Anyone found a unit that will fit into the 31.5" hole between the cabinets in front?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:06 AM   #3

jerry, i've been looking around for the same thing and found a couple of 32" on circuit city's website. easy to get all the dimension specs on their site. good luck! jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:36 AM   #4

Jerry, I am in the process of replacing both of my TV's. I found for the front which includes a tuner the following:
S226-3250 1 Sharp LC-32SB24U 32in 720p 2xHDMI ATSC LCD TV
30.56" x 20.59" x 3.7"( W-H-D )
If you measure behind the face of the cabinets it is 30-9/16". Close but it will do the trick. I got it from Tiger Direct and it is not just a monitor.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:41 AM   #5

Jerry, by the way where did you pickup the extra inch. I realized you said 31-1/2", I only have 30-9/16". There are quite a few units that will fit with that extra inch. The Sharp I purchased is a 32"
Old 10-09-2008, 05:05 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Jerry,

I have the Dell TV, that I replaced in our new coach, it is 30 ⅛" wide, PM me it you are interested in it.
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:48 AM   #7

IIWM I'd leave enough room for the TV to move a bit. If it will rub, you'll have a hard time eliminating that noise, not to mention it probably isn't good for the TV to vibrate against a hard surface when you go over rough pavement, the coach flexes...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #8

Just replaced rear RCA w/ a Visio 22 in. lcd TV. fits with room to mount a receiver on the ceiling behind it. Look good also. Larry
alpinerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Ted III,

You had me wondering about the whole size so I remeasured from all angles. I have 31-5/8" top and bottom. Guess they thought you needed more cabinet room.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
We put in a Vizio...You will find dimensions & some specs here.

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:56 AM   #11

MonacoMama, your TV looks great. I am not certain what size it is as it shows 37" in on area & 32" in another. Regardless it looks terrific. In the Alpine I am going to be able to insert the TV between the cabinets so that nothing sticks out past them plus we have no cabinetry below the TV. It will be one head banger that will be eliminated. I will find a way to replace the head bangers with 4 or 5 others.
Mike, Thank you for the thought on being to snug. I agree and we have thought of that. Once we get the TV exactly where I want it I am going to rout some relief on both sides in the cabinet sides so that I can give it more clearance and also be able to cushion it. I believe that will solve that issue. Thank you for your thought, it was definitely a concern that I had.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Your HT TV installs look great. I have a 2002 38FDDS and I still have the old cathode ray tub e TV. It works great with DirecTV but I sure would like to replace it with a new HDTV. I think I need to do extensive cabinet work, to cut away from the side cabinets to make room for a widescreen TV. I am also concerned about a TV support mounting. I see several types of mounts in the stores but I think the stationary mount would be adequate for this type of installation. Does anyone have details on replacing the old 2002 type TV with the newer wide screen HDTV?
RedHotSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #13

Soup- pretty sure a new LCD type will weigh a lot less than the glass tuber. Unless you get the 60" model
Old 10-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #14

I agree with Mike, the LCD TV might not be as heavy as what you have now. And I wanted that 60" model too.

Some of the mounts in the stores might not be suitable for a motorhome mount. The one I have for my plasma at home would not work for the coach. It would allow the TV to slide side to side. But it is ideal for home use. It looks like WRV used a custom rigid bracket for mounting the plasma used in our model year.