Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Head Light Switch - Broke

The headlight switch broke on the coach. The part number is: F81Z-11654-AA, it's a Ford Motor Company Part, and it cost me 131.33. I think WRV took the original apart to get the mounting screw/post inside so it could be mounted into the dash area. I am not going to do that. I am going to try to fish the screw inside it. I also need to build up the area around the inside of the dash up some so the compression bracket does not need to be tightened up as much, that contributed to the switch breaking in half.

It seems every time I take this thing out something else breaks, wish that would stop. EM is correct, it takes a wad of money to keep these things on the road, so far the past two months, it's over 5000.00 dollars with the new tires and repairs.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2013, 05:42 AM   #2

Mine is MOTORCRAFT Part # SW5262 (F85Z11654BAA) and is available for about $88.
When mine cracked I built a plywood backing piece to take the strain of the clamping bolts and it has held for 5 years now. Guess WRV didn't change the design much in 10 years.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #3

Hobby (aka 'craft') plywood makes a great medium for this type of work.

Might also think about epoxy'ing something to the case of the switch to reinforce &/or assist mounting.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Reinforced the opening with some trim pieces of cherry wood we had left over from the kitchen remodel in the house. Let them setup for 24 hours. If I was any bigger I could not get down and twisted around enough to have made this repair, tight quarters for sure. The hold in bracket was made of way too heave material/steel, they could have used aluminum, or even spring steel if it was shaped correctly.

Learned the panel lights for the gauges don't work, unless the key is on, but the other switches and headlights work without the key being on. Not like a car for sure. Glad this is over, now I have headlights.

Here is the rest of the list:
1. Kitchen Sink Drain fix.
2. Clean the wiring on the Roof Mounted Round OTA TV antenna wiring or replace unit.
3. Hydro Hot Service.
4. Generator Oil Change w/new filter & new Air Filter as well.
5. Order and install new ISL-400 Air Filter (www.filterbarn.com)
6. Measure length and purchase a new wipers for the windshield.

Think there are a few other things to do, fix, maintenance, oil cabinets for sure, vacuum out good, get Satellite Radio and GPS installed for travel. Load in the dry goods/food. Rearrange the smart beds and organize it in such a way, I don't have to open them up all the time, have some of that done. Stuff like that.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #5

Well, if someone has never said "Owning an RV - It's a second fulltime job", then let me be the first.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote