Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #1

Headlamp Aiming

The headlamps on our 2003 Alpine 40FDTS are aimed about eight feet in fron of the coach. I have tried to use the adjusters to re-aim, but to no avail. All the adjusters is spin, but the headlamps don't move. Is there a catch or lever that must be initiated to get the adjusters to work?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #2

Dave&Kacy,

Your headlight adjusters are likely broken. See this link:

Headlights for 2002 alpine

Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Dave,

while your adjusters may be broken, just fixing them probably won't cure the problem. See this post.

Clarification of headlight adjustment issues
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:05 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Same issue here. Appears the only fix will be to re-mount them in a slightly tilted attitude (like the pilot). My adjusters spin as well. I have a new "back-up" set with good adjusters but the angle is still too much.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #5

Might try adjusting the "Driving Lights," the round jobbies in the spoiler, or replacing them w/genuine headlights?
Old 05-31-2010, 11:36 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
The driving lights are the only ones that illuminate enough to drive at night. When I first bought my coach and was driving through hilly back country near Jamul, CA I was extremely surprised to not have even nearly adequate lighting. The high-beams barely went out 20 feet. I was going only 25 mph and couldn't see far enough to go faster. I finally had to come to a stop to allow traffic to pass and then realized the driving lights were not on.

Once they were on, visibility was fine. I still don't have real high-beams though. I may have to "work" on this issue a bit more, this time using the new lights.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #7

Hi Dave and Kacy
I know what you mean my adjuster were all broke they just spin nothing happens you can take the light assembly apart and fix them with out to much trouble and this will help but when you put the light assembly back end you will have to do some adjust with the assembly. Eng mike's suggestion may be something to try as well. my lights work much better
Bogie
2002 FDDS
Old 06-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #8

Dave and Kacy
if you need to know were I got the parts I can look up supplier for you
Bogie
Old 08-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #9

Smile Headlight Aiming

..I have the same problem on my 01 Alpine 38 ft...SIMPLE SOLUTION....I did this 6000 miles ago and all is well...The sockets are set in rubber and will move freely if you apply a little pressure with your fingers...Simply take 1 or 2 Zippie Ties and affix them around the sockets to coax them up where you want them...there are a couple of extrusions at the back of the housing that will provide a spot to anchor the ties..remember to eyeball them when fueling up and keep some extra zippies on board....
Old 08-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Even though I have a different Coach, mine were unglued and shineing everywhere but the road. I aimed them in the correct position and reglued the brackets. That finally fixed the problem. What ever happened to round, glass headlights that worked great and cost $7.95. I have been tempted to cut a couple of round holes and install some round ones next to the plastic junk ones.

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote