Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #43

Takepride, I think the daytime lights come on if the driving light switch is off when you turn the ignition on. If the switch is on they behave as expected. Just my experience and I rarely think about it so I may be wrong. Vansco logic I guess?

05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:28 AM   #44

Alpine Owners Club
Wayne:

I'll try your suggestion, again, though mine is pre-Vansco. Maybe it is somehow controlled via some relay, or possibly it's just magic....

I imagine just direct wiring the halos to the ignition strip terminal will take care of it, but I hate electrical mysteries.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #45

Takepride,
I wasn't sure if you were Vansco or not. The only way I can think of to make it act like you describe is a latching type relay that gets toggled under certain conditions. Magic probably also applies.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #46

I also have a 1999 alpine coach (36FTS) with the lexan covers. I am looking at updating the front to allow the use of BMW 540i headlights. I got a quote from the manufacturer of the Alpine front end and am now looking at the cost of headlights. It looks like the front end is $1600 and I still will need to have the lower bumper painted. I hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #47

Alpine Owners Club
rd:

Welcome to the forum! How long have you had your coach? Consider adding yourself to the Registry (see top thread) and joining the Alpine Coach Association (ACA).

We look forward to your posts. Maybe you can post pictures of your upgrades. Lots of others want to do the same modifications and seeing it done in pictures really helps. Many of us have undertaken projects after seeing how others did it.

Again, welcome!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #48

This is a photo of the headlight assembly of our 2005 34 foot Alpine which shows just a little of the moisture which collected behind the lens cover after I had removed a very large quanity with my shop vac. If I can't find the leak I am thinking of replacing the headlight assembly's on both sides. Looking at your photo's your light looks the same as ours - Where did you get them, and what was the make and model numbers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	'05 - 34' Alpine Headlight 002.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	9014   Click image for larger version

Name:	'05 - 34' Alpine Headlight 001.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	9015  

TomJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #49
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How about that moisture being condensation from the inside of the light assembly being warmer than the outside? Like condensation building up in a gas tank in cold weather with the low level of gas moving around in the tank causing the inside of the tank to be warmer than the outside.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:00 AM   #50

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJames View Post
This is a photo of the headlight assembly of our 2005 34 foot Alpine which shows just a little of the moisture which collected behind the lens cover after I had removed a very large quanity with my shop vac. If I can't find the leak I am thinking of replacing the headlight assembly's on both sides. Looking at your photo's your light looks the same as ours - Where did you get them, and what was the make and model numbers?
Tom:

Re-read posts #14, #18 and #37, above.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #51

OK my wife likes these ones anyone actually put these in?

E39 Black LED CCFL Angel Eye Non-Xenon Headlights 96-03
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #52

Alpine Owners Club
Wayne:

Those are the one I and a couple others first considered (see my post #2 above). When I ordered them, I was told they'd take a few extra days, then a few extra week, then they offered a refund.

I'm actually glad I didn't get them. The reason is that the halos are CCFL which has some real longevity problems. The LED halos are far superior. Watch this video to see a great explanation of the differences in quality and then you can calculate the value of the differing price levels:

BMW Angel Eyes | Find BMW Angel Eye Headlights, Projectors & More!

I also think my new LED halos without the LED strip of the CCFL version look sleeker and more high-end. I don't want it to look like a kid's toy.

I've been watching the roads for BMW's with various lights. Mine are still the best.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110411_153244.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	9666  
Old 04-21-2011, 06:21 AM   #53

TP, I have read the posts several times and just liked the look of the particular units. I agree they may belong on a kids toy. Did you buy yours from Stealth Auto?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #54

TP, still too pimpy?

97-03 BMW 5-SERIES AMBER LED SIGNAL PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT | eBay .
Old 04-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #55

Alpine Owners Club
OK, so we have passed the state inspection and I REALLY like these lights (see post #37 above for before and after pictures). The installation is real easy you unplug the old lights and plug the existing connector into the the new housing, they fit like they were made for it . The only "wiring" I did was to connect the "Angel Eyes" (2 wires) to the parking light wires (a simple T connection on each one) and I was all set.

I recommend the DEPO lights to anyone that is considering an upgrade .

Milt - NICE looking coach ! Love tose browns!
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #56

The headlights changed on the 2000 and later model years, the earlier coaches had traditional dual square (oblong) sealed beam lights. Does anyone know of a retrofit for these earlier coaches? I recently removed my faded plexiglass covers to clean them and decided the coach actually looks better without them and on inspection, I can see no reason to have them on. the headlights are sealed so rain should not be an issue. The only benefit to an upgrade would be astetics and better light, anyone care to comment?