Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
HELP - Front slide actuator and step fuse ...

We are in Phoenix @RV Glass Solutions to have a window redone. When we arrived about noon it was 120 - now at 8 pm it is 104! Our electric step stopped working and when Tris put the front slide out to check for fuses - the actuator stopped working with the slide half out. It smells like a fuse has burned. Any suggestions as to where it would be found?

#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #2

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by swansnest View Post
We are in Phoenix @RV Glass Solutions to have a window redone. When we arrived about noon it was 120 - now at 8 pm it is 104! Our electric step stopped working and when Tris put the front slide out to check for fuses - the actuator stopped working with the slide half out. It smells like a fuse has burned. Any suggestions as to where it would be found?
"But it's a dry heat."

I read two problems:
Electric step stopped working. There is no fuse to my knowledge. Power comes from the Vansco box up front. Two lights provide status. You could start by cycling dc power to reset Vansco.

Front slide (living room?) quit half-way out. Do other slides & jacks operate? Hopefully your burning smell is not coming from the hydraulic compartment. There are a couple of 40 amp fuses for HWH down there. I assume you are operating the slides from Silverleaf. My 2006 Apex has back-up rocker rocker switches in the hydraulic compartment to operate the slides. If that continued on the 2007 Apex, will the slide move from there?

Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #3

Basil- its their gen slide that quit 1/2 way out.
Gen slide power is LED output #15 on the front Vansco VMM 2820. Other than that, I don't know any fuses.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
If cycling the DC power did not fix it (it does for me), then you can get a little battery, like a motorcycle one, and hot wire the motor underneath, or and I am not sure how, disconnect something which allows it to slide without the motor. EM I think knows what to disconnect, but it really should be clear, once you get on the stomach and look around. THere are rocker switches on the HWH panel for all the slides, and smartbeds to work. My DS SB operate from switches in the Services Bay (water tank fill, etc).

Tags
fuse, slide