Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Our tachometer went out - including the alternator and temp gage. Coach Care refuses to help us - - we're orphans now. Anyone know where to locate a replacement?

Barb

Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Our tachometer went out - including the alternator and temp gage. Coach Care refuses to help us - - we're orphans now. Anyone know where to locate a replacement?

Barb

Blog
Old 04-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #3

Barb, I believe that the Alpines have Actia gauges in the dash. Mine is a 2005 so I really do not know if the 2002 is the same. I believe it is. You can try www.actiaus.com. and see how you make out.

Ted
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:59 AM   #4

05 and newer uses actia gauges. you must let actia know if it is a apex or limited coach. 05 and older used gauges from meddillon inst. hope this helps
Old 04-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #5

Think you have problems, check out KNDU.com re: WRV attitude towards customers! I'm in the same boat and have been for 3 years and even more so since Feb.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #6

Teleflex also has gauges that, if not an exact match, are darn close.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
I went to the KNDU site as suggested by "granny", and the only thing I saw was a news item about how WRV had stepped up to reassure a Nevada owner of a 5th wheel that they would finish her repairs within 2 weeks and deliver the rig to her in NV. That seems pretty positive to me!

The item also said to call the main phone number (509-853-2940) if you have questions. If no one answers, leave a message and someone will get back to you.

At least one owner I know of had very quick response (within an hour) when they sent an email to one of WRV's officers who is on site.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #8

I know someone well that received immediate attention from WRV via email. Great effort under the circumstances...
Old 04-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #9

The article I was referring to was 4/26 on their web site -- I'm glad kndu was able to help her (http://www.kndu.com/Global/story.asp?S=8224587)
Old 04-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Our 2002 did have different gages than the newer coaches, although it could just be a different model. Someone with a 2002 look at your gages and see what brand they are.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
We got VERY lucky. A local RV Tech who has a small business, came out to the campground to see if the whole unit was dead. He undid the panel, reached around and tried the key - whole thing was dead, then he pushed on the connector - and everything came alive! He worked about 1/2 hour and found that one pin wasn't making contact all of the time. A little bit of work and we have a working unit again. He also found a relay with a cracked cover that he repaired.

Obviously we are very happy, but really didn't feel good about the response we got from Coach Care when we called. I hope that doesn't happen at every Coach Care across the country. This was the one in Columbia, SC - we're about 45 minutes away from there.

BTW - our original gages were Borg-Warner. I'm not sure who bought them out. This group is going to get a lot of workout as we go forward - sure glad it is here.

Barb
Blog
Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #12

This is the gauge used in my coach, BorgWarner/ speedometer, oil, fuel gauge. Part #7754-00010-01. You can find one for sale on EBAY express $99.99. http://item.express.ebay.com/Vehicle-Parts-Accessories_...168QQcmdZExpressItem

Fred & Lon Masino
2001 Alpine 40 FDS