Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:31 AM   #1
TGF

Does anyone know how to change the shower head on my 2007 36coach? I would like to tackle this myself if not to complicated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to all> TGF tgfettig@milwpc.com

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2007, 03:31 AM   #2
TGF

Does anyone know how to change the shower head on my 2007 36coach? I would like to tackle this myself if not to complicated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to all> TGF tgfettig@milwpc.com

Old 07-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #3

TGF:
Just put a cresent wrench around the two flat spots on the circumfernce of the shower head. you might want to use a pair of plyers on the chrome pipe as a back up to keep it from turning. I always like to put a cloth over the pipe before the plyers. It should come right off. Good luck
Old 07-13-2007, 06:51 PM   #4

TGF, be very critical if you use a cresent or any adjustable wrench. You do not want to round the corners of the flats on the shower head. If available use a combination or a standard open end wrench that fits perfectly. On the stand pipe coming out of the wall use pliers or vise grips but you must cover it substantially with cloth as you do not want to scratch the pipe. It is quite easy just be cautious.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:09 PM   #5

I did this and replaced the fixed head with one of the adjustable ones on the hose. Has all the bells and wistles including massage settings. Only drawback for me is that it falls out of the holder while driving and bangs into the shower surround. Since I fear breakage, I remove it prior to travel and simply install it by hand at our destination.
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
TGF

Ted: !Approach to get at the plumbing! How do you actually get at the plumbing, once you remove the back panel in the kitchen cabinet? The actually control valve for the shower head sits about 10 inches below the actual shower head. Thanks>TGF
Old 07-18-2007, 02:24 AM   #7

TGF, I don't have an answer to that. It all sounded real easy until like you realized the slide is there and the distance is at least 10". I asked Alpine and they did send me instructions on how to tighten the handle on our existing lever(which I hate) but maybe that will help if it does not move when you breathe on it. I was not the one that suggested removing the mirror to get at the plumbing but someone did. (WOULD THAT SOMEONE COME FORWARD) Thank you. TGF, let's see if that works.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:23 AM   #8

I must be missing something here. Ted- isn't your shower head like that on my '05? Attached high on the shower wall with a hose and hand-held head. It seems to work fine. As for the handle, I replaced mine with a dial temp Moen a couple of months ago, and covered it in a previous thread. I bought a $75 Moen unit, and the installation, albeit by a professional rv repair guy, took a couple of hours and went exactly as described, removing the mirror panel and everything. He said he used a hair dryer (or heat gun set on low) and the mirror popped off. I got lucky there and didn't have to buy a replacement mirror to replace one cracked while removing it. As to how do you get at the plumbing- with the slide closed look between the slide and the shower wall with a flashlight and you will see an access hole in that wall, which can be reached when the mirror is removed.
I absolutely agree with your comment on the other thread as to why doesn't WRV just install a dial control from the gitgo. The cost can't be a thin dime more!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:22 AM   #9

I replaced mine with a Moen posi temp single lever 2 years ag. Works great no more problems with Too hot or cold.

05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote