Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #1

How to remove captains chairs?

We are installing a new floor in our coach and having a hard time getting the front chairs out. There are 4 3/4" bolts on the floor, 4 smaller bolts underneath the chair, and 1 bolt on the pole that seems to hold the chair into the coach. We have removed all but the floor bolts. Are these necessary to get the chairs out or should we be able to get them out now? Any advice and info is appreciated.
Thanks!
2005 alpine 40FDTS
FlyingChops is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #2

On our Windsport, removing the chairs is either a task for two normal people, or one contortionist.

Pull and hold the lever that lets you swivel / rotate the seat. While holding it pull straight up on the seat. Slips up and off the post.

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
The four bolts on the bottom base will allow you to remove the chair but you need to disconnect the wire bundles to the motors and switches. There are four motors and two switches. Remove the screws from the switches and pull out to disconnect. Reach under the back of chair to disconnect the motors.
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #4

Thanks for the help!! We did start to get the bolts on the bottom loosened but broke the nut driver in half so headed back to the store to get a new one.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #5

Down to one lonely bolt left, driver side front. There is just no easy way to get at that thing from underneath the coach. So far our floor project is going a bit slow, started this morning and don't yet have the chairs out at 7pm.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #6

I just got mine out and removed from the coach

Hello , I just removed my seats and agree its hard to get to the nuts! I had 2 wires to disconnect from each seat and the 4 bolts to remove and the seats came out. They are heavy and my son and I got them out the front door and out of the coach. I am redoing my floor and wallboard. It's not because I want to but I have some water damage from window leaks. If you are planning on removing the seats from the coach I removed the hand rail and the screen door and had the seat backs in the full recline position and turn seats on the side to get out the door. it really gives a lot more room to work!
I have tile and carpet in mine and will replace the carpet with a wood laminate floor. My seats were sitting on the sub floor. Are you planning on putting the seats back on the wood floor or the sub floor?

Good luck and show some pics when finished.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
There are two bolts on each side of the seat that hold the back on. Remove them and the seat belt bolt and the back comes off. There is a zipper on mine to access the bolts.
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingChops View Post
Down to one lonely bolt left, driver side front. There is just no easy way to get at that thing from underneath the coach. So far our floor project is going a bit slow, started this morning and don't yet have the chairs out at 7pm.
If you are undoing the bolts from underneath the coach then you must be removing the pedestal as well as the chairs. It is much easier to do them separately as has been outlined above. Those pedestal bolts are probably rusted and may have to be busted off.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:53 PM   #9

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it. Will post an update once they're both out unless we need more help sooner.

The floor we are doing is teak and we are putting it everywhere, carpet and tile all coming out.