Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2019, 10:52 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
How to vertically adjust slides or smart beds

I apologize if this has been answered before - I could not find the post. On my 40 FDQS, the 2 living room slides hit the slide bed doors when they open or close. One end of each slide would need to be only 1/4 inch, or less, higher to allow for damage free movement. There seems to be no adjustment for bay doors. However, I can see adjustment bolts at the end of the slide 'rams'. I could not get into the Alpine Tech Section to look for a "How To" manual. Pictures and instructions on how to adjust the height of the Smart Beds and/or the wall slides would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #2

...yes--the main slide on the drivers side can be adjusted vertically [to a degree] with a locking nut and large allen-screw at the end of each ram....not so sure about the living room slide [4 slide models] on the passenger side....
PS--are you a member of Alpine Coach Association--if so, I can help you with gaining access to the tech library on our new website....just PM me....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:51 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
My curbside slide in the living room has a flush floor when extended and moves up and in when retracted. If yours is the same thing then I would say yes there is a vertical adjustment at the forward and aft ends of the slide. I would look closely at the painted stripes alignment when the slide is closed to determine which end of the slide needs adjusting and how much. If you get it wrong you can get rubbing at the sides and top corners of the slide too. I don't know about adjustment of smart bay doors as mine just hinge upwards.
c_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:03 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
The easiest way to adjust the smart bed is by adjusting the drawer fronts.

You need to remove the row of sheet metal screws attaching the front to the bottom, then you can adjust with the bolts attaching the front to the rails. The holes are slotted but usually need to be enlarged. Then re-screw the bottom sheet metal screws.

The only way to adjust the slide mechanism would be to re-drill the support bearing where they attach to the bulked. This would be way to much work in my opinion and not necessary.
Gary Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide