Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #15

Jerry, I do not know if the 3rd wire is for the parking lights. I did not do the wiring on the headlights. If I get a chance this weekend I will try to see how these are wired. As far as I know the lights were wired correctly but I can not swear to it. Be very careful when adjusting them. It is possible to break the connection between the adjusting screw and where it is attached to the movable member inside the housing. In my case it simply puled out of the tab inside of the housing but I was able to get it reattached. I have no idea what your adjuster setup looks like but with mine there is no pure horizontal and vertical adjusters. There are 2 adjusting screws and either one of them moves the alignment somewhat diagonally but not at the same rate. Yes we are lucky to have such a great forum. The contributors are great and have helped me a lot.

Dave, for my own enlightenment do you have Angel eye low beams? Also in high beam mode are both the high beams and low beams lit?

Rich and Cork, Just for information purposes the lights pictured in your link are not angle eye low beam.
SC Alpiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #16

Do a Google search for "bmw e39 headlight adjustment procedure" and you will find a procedure that tells you that the adjusting knobs need to be turned equally in direction and number of turns. It says that the headlights can only be adjusted vertically. Horizontal is pre-set. (Of course, that depends on how they are installed!)

Reading posts, apparently there are a bunch of E39 headlights with broken adjusters because people think one is vertical and the other horizontal, and adjust them separately.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #17

Mine only have a vertical adjusting screw, I will have to adjust the assembly for horizontal alignment
Oregon Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
You most likely will need to drag the mounting holes so the headlights will be high enough.
WOW, you weren't kidding about elongating the holes. I drug the top holes back 3/4" and the low beams still hit the ground about 15' in front of the MH.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:34 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
I think BMW must have changed the dimensions and WRV did not know it.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #20

Dave
This is in regard to your reply on my post about my airbags. I'm trying to get myself back on topic.so far I haven't been able to locate the wire to activate parking lights at the lights.that is why I wanted to look under the dash.

Tags
light, lights