Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #1

HWH 610 Control Panel

My HWH 610 Control Panel has all the lights on when I power it up. It had been doing this intermittently for awhile and now seems stuck in this position.
I read that it may be the touch pad or the control box.

Called HWH and they said they may be able to get back to me in a week, they are getting 1000 calls a day.

Besides retracting everything manually to travel, any other suggestions? Don't know how to operate manually to set up, to level and extend slide.

Luckily it seems the gen slide and engine door work external of the control panel, rocker switches provide power. Not so for the slide.

gmfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #2

Unfortunately the manual control box that I built with advice from this forum is designed to work with the 625 control box, which has different connectors than the 610. I am not sure if somebody has done the same work with this box. Sorry!

Old 07-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #3

Thanks Jim, I did run across that post as I was searching for ideas, just my luck! I had hoped that by switching the cables on the gen toggle sw to the room cable that the room would retract, no such luck.

Also that manual retract pulley, the way it is mounted, I can only get 1/2 turn before taking the handle off and repositioning it. Really bad design.

Greg
Old 07-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #4

As you point out both the gen slide and engine door are independent of the control panel. The slide will not extend unless one of the leveling jacks is far enough down to activate the microswitch on the leg. But it will retract regardless of the jack positions. Have you been through the diagnostics? Sound like a bad panel but hard to tell remotely. If you don't have the manual download this http://www.hwh.com/ml13997.pdf
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #5

Algoma, Thanks for the link. I borrowed another touch pad from a neighbor and it did the same thing, all lights on. Must be the control module. Sure wish I could figure how to get the slide in without cranking on the wench. There is no power to the room switch so it must come from the panel, unlike the gen and engine door.

Greg
Old 07-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #6

As you say everything except the gen slide and engine door goes through the control module. Luckily you have a winch which is more than I have. I assume you have worked out which solenoids you have to back off to do the manual retract?
I have never had a problem talking to HWH. I send an email with all my details and they call me back the next day. Just lucky I guess. Hope you find the problem soon.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:51 PM   #7

I did have 2000 for 10 years. There is no manual way to extend it. As I read your posts, did you check for power to your solenoids and your fuses were ok,on the HWH. You have to make sure you open the t handles enough turns to release pressure, I think it was 4 1/4 turns, you will feel resistance as you turn it in. After you retract in, you have to close the valve again to hold it in. As far as using the winch, it is pretty marginal to retract a 14' slide in. It would work ok for the gen. Since my 2007 does not have a winch, I made other provisions. I carry 2 heavy duty come alongs and two short chains to go around the bracket on the end of the slide out arms. For the rear slide out arm I had to cut a hole in the sheet metal and screwed a plate over it. I can hook the come alongs to the frame and pull in evenly.
2007 Apex MDTS (425 hp) #75723
2007 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Ram Laramie 3500
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
A few years ago I had the system go ka-phut with the slide extended about 6 inches. Drove about 40 miles to an HWH Master Mechanic, with the slide out. When we got there, he activated the genslide switch then the slide switch and the slide retracted the rest of the way. This could be a solution for your situation. Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #9

Jeff, thanks for the reply. I wish I knew how he activated the room switch. I tried by taking the harness off the room switch and hooking it to the gen switch which had power but nothing happened.

Greg
Old 07-23-2014, 05:28 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Sounds like Jeff is saying to push the gen slide switch, hold it , then push the slide switch at the same time.
JLMunsil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #11
Commercial Member

open the retract solenoid for that slide. hit the retract on any functioning hwh switch. the slide will retract. if you have tried another touch panel, it has to be the control box.
do an email to hwh. they answer those faster.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #12

Azpete is correct. I used this technique when my gen slide would not retract. Hold the gen slide retract switch down (opens the solenoid) and then use the engine door extend switch (which turns on the pump). In my case the gen switch had a bad contact so was not turning on the pump.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #13

I seem to be confused here, I am trying to close the room slide with a bad control box. So I should:
1) open the retract solenoid on the room
2) hit the retract (hold down) on either the gen or engine rocker sw and the slide will retract?

Not sure how this will work, if the room has its own power from the control box, seems like only the gen or engine will retract. Do I need to unplug any of the cables that leave the rocker switches and swap them around?

I don't have a bad switch just a bad control box. Also my power switch for the slide is no hot, I suppose because of the bad control box. Seems like if I got power to the switch it might work. Just reluctant to cut any wires.

Appreciate all the help but am still confused.

Greg
99 Alpine 36'
Old 07-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #14

If you check the diagrams in the manual you will see that it is basically one large hydraulic loop. The pump drives the fluid around and what opens or closes depends upon which solenoid is activated. If you manually open the room slide retract solenoid and turn on the pump (using another switch) the room should close. Now if you use the gen slide retract switch the gen will not move if it is already closed and only the room should move. As long as the room is moving you can hold that gen slide switch down but release it as soon as the slide stops. Now when you manually close the retract solenoid the room may move out a fraction as you do not have much pressure in the cylinder, but you should be OK to drive.
I seem to remember that HWH has a description on their website of doing this by applying power directly to the pump.

Tags
hwh, panel