Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #1

HWH brain sensor 03 Alpine

I have looked for a thread to help me figure out which HWH model I have, I'm thinking ML 30488 series 625.And I am looking for the control box and brain sensor so I can adjust the level setting. If any of you fellow 03 Alpine owners could point me in the right direction it would be very helpful.
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #2

Locations varied from year to year and within model year. Think the 03 has the 625 control panel but not sure about the brain box. On my 03, the brain box is secured to front fire wall, at floor height, directly behind the center console where the pull out tray, heater/AC controls and the radio are located. Access via the two velcro-ed panels directly in front of the passenger seat. The balance/leveling sensor is screwed to the basement ceiling, centerline between the frame rails and just behind [to the rear of] the fresh water tank.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
My '03 has the 610 series leveler system. My control box is located behind a fabric covered panel in the fore area of the storage bay. I have the mid door model so it may not be the same in yours. Below are some photos of where my control box is located. Also, if you send me your Email address, I will send you a pdf file of the HWH Service Manual for the 610 series system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hidden Bin Inside 2 - Cropped.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	37619  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hidden Bin Front.jpg (60.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Hidden Bin Inside 1.jpg (63.0 KB, 36 views)
rdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
To save having to Email the HWH service manual to you, I have attached the PDF file that you can access and download. Also, when all else fails, you may want to call HWH. I found the service techs there to be extremely helpful, knowledgeable and happy to help. Good luck with your problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH Service Manual.pdf (505.0 KB, 47 views)
rdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Jim, my '03 has the 610 system and is located in the same compartment as Roger's. However, it's mounted in a box above Roger's.

I've attached the HWH Operators Manual for the 610 System which has a maintenance section with information regarding "Level Sensing Unit Adjustment".

HWH Operators Manual.pdf
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #6

Thanks Roger & OLD SCOUT. I discovered the control box and yes they put them in different locations depending on coach size. Roger looking at your photo of the control box it looks a little different than mine. I'll have to move a few things out of the way so I can get in there and read the part and serial #'s. It may very well be a 610 series. I'll study the service manual that you posted. Your photo helped a lot and the level adjustment looks dead on what they show in the manual and thanks to OLD SCOUT letting me know were to look for the level adjuster, I was able to find it quickly. If it turns out to be the 610 series, I'll make myself a copy from the pdf.file you posted. Thanks again guy's.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbowers View Post
Jim, my '03 has the 610 system and is located in the same compartment as Roger's. However, it's mounted in a box above Roger's.

I've attached the HWH Operators Manual for the 610 System which has a maintenance section with information regarding "Level Sensing Unit Adjustment".

Attachment 37630
Thanks Bob,I'm convinced that I to have the 610 series and thanks to you and Roger I now have a copy of the service and operators manual.

Tags
hwh