Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #15
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
For those that don't remember it, a few years ago there was a thread on HWH 625 control box problems. It contained reference to an emergency procedure to bypass the HWH control box and turn on the hydraulic pump in order to bring in your slides in the event of a control box failure. I once had this failure myself. In one post Wayne R told about having built a box that he could use to operate the jack system in the event of a control box failure.

Wayne was kind enough to send me his schematic and his instructions on building the bypass box. I took the opportunity to build a similar box, and completed it this week. The parts are pretty cheap, with the exception of the 12 pin connector needed to mate with the HWH wiring harness. I purchased the Deutsch connector from Batts Racing as a DT04-12P harness assembly, pre-wired with color coded wiring.

Now that I have the box ready and carry it with me, I feel comfortable that in the event of another HWH control box failure or a control panel failure like mentioned in this thread, I can continue to operate my jacks and slides without having to interrupt a trip.

As this thread shows, a number of us have issues from time to time with the HWH control panel and with the control box. If you are a DIY type who likes to be prepared, you might want to consider building a box like this one for use in case of emergencies. I will be very happy if I never have to actually use mine!!

This box will not operate the slides or jacks in the event of failure in the solenoid valves that actually operate the jacks or slides. To operate the slides you still need the use of the switches inside the coach. If your electrical failure is in this area, the control box bypass won't help. But it will operate the jacks manually if the jack control panel inside the coach fails.

Many thanks for Wayne R for his help in this project.
Did you intend to either include the instructions or a link to the thread?

2001 34' Alpine Coach
2008 Jeep Rubicon or 2012 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat towds
or a couple of different trailers
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #16
If there is interest, yes. I didn't find the original thread. Here is the text of one post about building the box, and the schematic diagram from Wayne R. If you have any questions, let me know. I bought the Deutsch connector as a pre-wired harness as described in the text. I bought a 6" X 4" "project box" from Radioshack, as well as the quick disconnects to connect to the switch posts. And I got the LED rocker switches from Amazon, around $8.50 for 10 of them. Can't really beat that price.

I added a master power switch that Wayne didn't include in his box, mainly because I used rocker switches instead of momentary on switches that he used.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH Bypass box.pdf (44.6 KB, 63 views)
File Type: pdf HWH 625 Bypass Schematic.pdf (265.4 KB, 51 views)

Jim A
'04 Alpine Coach 36' MDDS
Jim A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #17
Rich, I think your 2001 will have a different control box than the 625 on my '04, so the connector might be different. I am not familiar with the earlier control. I believe that was a 610 system??
Jim A
'04 Alpine Coach 36' MDDS
Jim A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #18
Commercial Member
remove the connector from the plastic holder, and re crimp it. frys electronics, or radio shack have the parts most of the time.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #19
Alpine Owners Club
Terry 735001, Engineer Mike. azpete,

Thanks for the help with the control panel connector.

Don & Ro Babcock
2004 Alpine 36FDDS 2007 Jeep Shara
Durango, CO.
Don & Ro is offline   Reply With Quote

hwh, panel