Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Alpine Owners Club
Hwh hose

On the hyd cyl for wardrobe slide in the battery comp. Would anyone have the part # for the biggest of the 3 hoses? No tag on mine and the fitting is leaking.

05 Alpine 36MDDS, 09 Subaru Forester, no animals.
two sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Alpine Owners Club
I am hoping someone out there with a 05 MDDS 36 will be able to look in their battery compartment and read the number on the tag on on the hose that feed the ram for the bed room slide. I will be forever grateful

Old 02-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
Sorry, I can't help. My '04 36MDDS hoses were replaced (due to leaking fittings) with non-HWH hoses.
Jim A
'04 Alpine Coach 36' MDDS
Jim A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Ours on our 2005 FDDS don't have readable labels but we did replace one by calling HWH. They were able to determine which one was needed by the length. You should also be able to get replacement hose at a hydrolic place of as a last resort contact Guaranty RV in Junction City. They might be able to help since they were a large Alpine Dealer at one time. Sorry we couldn't be more help but those hoses and fittings are available many places. Good luck.
Gary & Betsy Sinclair
2005 36' Alpine Limited
Lake Chelan, WA
Gary & Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
You could also remove the hose and any local hydraulic shop (even NAPA) can make it up for you on the spot...
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
Alpine Owners Club
Finding the other end is the problem. Not sure if it goes directly to the pump manifold or if there is a T or junction some place. Any knowledgeable help would be appreciated.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
TWO SAILORS: I agree with the post advising to take the hose to a HYD shop. You will have to trace both ends of the defective hose in order to replace it with an OEM hose or a shop made one. Do the detective work and save $$$ by replacing with a local HYD shop hose. They do this type of work day in and day out. Not rocket science.
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
Alpine Owners Club

While investigating, if it is original, you'll find the part number tag on the other end. They were double tagged. The part number just reveals the length and diameter.

Surprisingly, I went to four hose shops and couldn't get the one I needed (all too big). Found one that would suffice in braided steel. They admitted that the HWH one was superior. Turned out HWH was cheaper, too. Two days to deliver to CA. Nice folks.
2003 Alpine 40FDTS (400HP)
Long Beach, CA
takepride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
Alpine Owners Club
That line goes all the way to the pump manifold in the front. The line would be moderatly expensive to replace but the labor involved could be several hours. A less expensive option that worked for me; was to replace the fitting at the end of the hose with a "FIELD REPLACEABLE FITTING". You will need to have some slack on the hose to do this as it involves cutting off the bad end. The fitting is available at most hydraulic supply stores. I got mine ar Royal Brass in San Jose,CA. I think there may be more details about this somewhere in the IRV Forums, if not on the Alpine forum. Additionally look closely at the "Needle Valve Assembly." It too is prone to leaking and easily replaceable and relatively inexpensive to get from HWH. Lastly, if your Closet Slide is the same "05 vintage as mine (the wash basin is not attached)... the slide will extend when the pressure on the line is released. This is it's normal operation. It takes pressure to retact it; backwards from everything elese HWH on the RV. So be sure you have clearance before removing any fittings. Good Luck

Matt & Lorraine Moniz
'05-36MDDS Alpine / '14 Honda CRV
Sunnyvale, CA
zinom is offline   Reply With Quote