Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #1

When underway the "jacks down" alarm sounds for what ever reason.In reality the jacks are not down and have not been used prior to driving.At other times when this alarm sounds it activates every indicator light on the HWH panel.So far the only solution has been to stop and cycle the ignition key from run to off to accessories and restart the engine.Any similar problems or remedies
dan&donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #2

When underway the "jacks down" alarm sounds for what ever reason.In reality the jacks are not down and have not been used prior to driving.At other times when this alarm sounds it activates every indicator light on the HWH panel.So far the only solution has been to stop and cycle the ignition key from run to off to accessories and restart the engine.Any similar problems or remedies
dan&donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
You need to cycle them properly when you raise them. When you hit "store" to retract them, leave the power on to the system for several minutes after the jacks retract. The panel will power off once the system has had a chance to cycle. On mine, if I am sitting there waiting for it to cycle, it give me alittle click or clunk as the power to the panel is turned off.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:29 AM   #4

Depending on the year of the coach this could be a problem with a sensor. On my 01 mfg. in 11/00 there was a problem with a sensor that did not either register or send the right signal when the jacks were raised. All I had to do was to reactivate the hydralic system switch and store jacks button while underway and the situation corrected itself. A new sensor solved the problem which WRV replaced under warranty. Your issue might be different, but I would check with WRV and/or HWH customer service as they usually can provide the answer/s to the problem.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:43 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dan&donna:
When underway the "jacks down" alarm sounds for what ever reason.In reality the jacks are not down and have not been used prior to driving.At other times when this alarm sounds it activates every indicator light on the HWH panel.So far the only solution has been to stop and cycle the ignition key from run to off to accessories and restart the engine.Any similar problems or remedies </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan - I have also experienced the same problem. The HWH levelers will shut itself off after about 5 mins. and you should experience less alarms, although they might go off over rough roads. Just turn on Leveling system on the fly and hit store and it goes off again.
Newer coaches with controls mounted in high cabinets won't allow you to do this - I think that might be a pain to Stop the coach to reset the HWH levelers!! (bad idea?? or factory misengineering?) /

Rick
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:41 PM   #6

We also experienced the 'jacks down' indication while driving. After stopping and checking several times, I usually found it was the left side jack nearest the engine which had extended ~1.5", maybe from hydraulic fluid heat expansion. To reset the indicator, the engine had to be stopped, the key turned to accessory, and 'store' procedure initiated on the HWH panel.
At WRV in November 2006, Dave Kamppi and crew installed a new HWH chip, which now allows me to just open the panel while continuing to drive and press 'store' to take care of the 'jacks down' indicator and buzzer.

and Starlight (January 20, 2000 - March 17, 2009)
Gary M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Same problem here. I just reset on the fly. It usually happens on bumpy highways (at speed). Dealer, WRV and previous owner all agreed it just needed reset while moving (not always easy, in heavy traffic and that blaring alarm). However, being forewarned sure made the first incident more tolerable. Otherwise I'd've left the freeway in a panic and sweated a few bullets.

I'm not sure why the service people never offered a permanent fix. They just make it sound like the "nature of the beast".
Old 08-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #8

We've had the same problem several times - first time really scared the you know what out of us! - anyway, now we just reset on the fly as noted above. While we were at FMCA, Redmond last week, Chuck asked the HWH people about it and was told that what we were doing is fine as it is just the "nature of the beast"! Once we even had the alarm go off for "gen slide out" - pulled off I-10 and reset it, after checking it out (not open). Keeps us on our toes!
dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #9

Same problem. Hit store on the fly and all is well.
At one point I did have one jack alarm that would not stop, I went under the coach and unpluged the sensor, Stoped at Camping world, talked to a tec and they ordered a new sensor for me. Shipped it to my house when it came in. Easy to replace, Unplug wires, cut the tie wraps that hold the wires and unscrew the sensor from the top of the jack. Do this while the jacks are up!
Can't remember the cost ($35.00?).
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote