Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Before I tear into the dash area, maybe someone can help us out.
Intermittently our jacks will fail to store. I do hear a solenoid "click". Frustrated one day, I flipped the HWH panel closed , opened it back up, pressed the stores button, and the jacks stored.

I'm guessing that it is a connection, but I can't see where the wires run without moving ducting ect.

Ideas ? Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Before I tear into the dash area, maybe someone can help us out.
Intermittently our jacks will fail to store. I do hear a solenoid "click". Frustrated one day, I flipped the HWH panel closed , opened it back up, pressed the stores button, and the jacks stored.

I'm guessing that it is a connection, but I can't see where the wires run without moving ducting ect.

Ideas ? Thanks
Old 01-18-2007, 06:45 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Tom & Patty:

The connection plug under the dash to the HWH panel could be loose. Just to let you know that there is a shuttle valve in the manifold of the HWH pump & Solenoids. If the valve is sticking it could prevent the jacks from retracting. If you were to loosen the valve with a " wrench it than allow the jacks to retract. That may be your problem.

Have pulling the Dash apart.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:02 AM   #4

When we picked up our coach @ the factory, the drawer w/the HWH controls was somehow inhibited by the wiring behind it, pulling on the radio & clicking an HWH solenoid when opening & closing the drawer. You may have a minor version of that problem that has accumulated over the miles.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #5

T&P - On mine there is a cable that runs into the back of the control panel in the control drawer. The cable runs to the control unit where three or four connectors go between the hydraulic units and control panel. I have seen problems where one of the connectors are partially (sometimes completely) pulled loose and cause intermittent problems similar to what you described. Sometimes there is strain put on the cables when the drawer is pulled in and out. You might try reseating all the cables once you get the courage to tear the dash underpanels off. The panels are easily removed.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #6

Might try taking out HWH membrane push button operator pad (4 screws to remove), lift the operator pad out (gently) and check the 5/C wiring harness connector supplying the opr pad. The connector on mine came off once and I could not store jacks. Reconnected pad and went on my way. Later, rerouted wiring harness to relieve stain on connector when pulling out the drawer.
BTF
bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Thank you everyone. We are going camping this weekend and I'll be playing with the ideas Saturday I've already pulled the four screws and checked the multi-pin connection. It is the wiring loom that disappears into the floor of the dash that has me wondering