Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #1

I had a most interesting failure of the computerized leveling system on my 2006 36FDDS last weekend. I pulled into Cuyamaca Rancho Sate Park for the weekend and leveled the coach easily. When I came time to leave on Sunday, the leveling jacks would not retract--in fact the entire panel was dead.

After reading the HWH manual, I could not find instructions for manually retracting the jacks. Does anyone know how to retract the jacks in a emergecy mode?

We were stuck until I remembered that the center console seemed to have some resistance when we pulled it out to start the genset. I pulled off the side panels and using a flashlight, I looked for the HWH computer panel. Once located, I noticed that there was a white plastic multipin connector missing from the touch pad panel. Ah, ha, there was the connector sitting on the floor. I re-attached the plug and a miracle occurred--the little red pilot light lit up! Problem solved!

sdcyclist
2006 36FDDS (now 1 year old and mostly debugged)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #2

I had a most interesting failure of the computerized leveling system on my 2006 36FDDS last weekend. I pulled into Cuyamaca Rancho Sate Park for the weekend and leveled the coach easily. When I came time to leave on Sunday, the leveling jacks would not retract--in fact the entire panel was dead.

After reading the HWH manual, I could not find instructions for manually retracting the jacks. Does anyone know how to retract the jacks in a emergecy mode?

We were stuck until I remembered that the center console seemed to have some resistance when we pulled it out to start the genset. I pulled off the side panels and using a flashlight, I looked for the HWH computer panel. Once located, I noticed that there was a white plastic multipin connector missing from the touch pad panel. Ah, ha, there was the connector sitting on the floor. I re-attached the plug and a miracle occurred--the little red pilot light lit up! Problem solved!

sdcyclist
2006 36FDDS (now 1 year old and mostly debugged)

Old 10-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #3

sdcyclist,

Thanks for the tip on this, I'll remember to look for that loose electrical lead the next time my HWH panel is dead.

You shouldn't have any trouble retracting the jacks if the pressure is off on the system, because the jacks have springs on the side that pull the jacks up when the pressure's off. Worse comes to worse, I think you could create a leak by cracking a fitting on a hose on one of the jacks, catching the fluid and letting some of the pressure off. I haven't tried it, but this might be an idea to get the jacks up. Some other readers might have better ideas on the jacks, since the solenoid valves I think control the slide only (maybe they control jacks too?)
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
There are solenoids with bleed valves for the jacks also. You should have a diagram in the compartment by the pump/solenoids telling you what each solenoid is for. If that connector comes off the control the slides will not work either.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote