Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2019, 11:56 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
HWH service

For some time we have had a slow leak in the HWH pump compartment. We are currently traveling from Boston to Seattle and decided to divert into Moscow, IA and have them look at it. Due to personal reasons I had to change the appointment twice, with our final appointment being on the Tuesday after the Labor Day weekend at 9:00 AM. We arrived on Monday evening so we stayed about 7 miles away at Little Bear CG. We got to HWH at 8:30 Tuesday morning, they immediately got us in so we went to breakfast. We took the morning to eat and stroll around Tipton, IA returning around 12:30. They were done with the repair (seals on the shuttle valve) as well as looking at a couple of other issues I had asked them to check. My total bill was $68.00. I was SHOCKED, a shop that got the work done on time and at a VERY reasonable price. I would use them again!!!!

I also learned something, I had asked them to look at the drivers side rear jack, I had seen it tilted to the side a couple of days before and was expecting a broken mount. The jacks are made to PIVOT, what I thought was going to be an expensive repair turned out to be a feature! I had even told them if they needed to weld the bracket to call me first, I would remove the Vansco’s.

Need less to say I am extreme happy with their customer service, Ashley even had mail waiting for us! Oh yes, the Tipton Family restaurant in Tipton does delicious and BIG breakfasts!

Thanks HWH you are great!
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2019, 12:25 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great to hear. We were going cross country a couple years ago and dropped in to have a couple things done. Similar experience. On time, fixed right, and very reasonable priced.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #3
Commercial Member

that breakfast in tipton is something else. you dont come away still hungry, and its delicious. i do endorse that diner.
paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:21 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
that breakfast in tipton is something else. you dont come away still hungry, and its delicious. i do endorse that diner.
paul maddox

Bobbi had an omelette that she brought half home for the next day! I of course ate all my breakfast.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:39 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
It's refreshing to hear someone with good service reports. Thanks for advising us.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:09 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
As a matter of fact, we're heading there after the dog show at Purina Farms. Hopefully they can get us in September 24th or so.
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet and Todd View Post
As a matter of fact, we're heading there after the dog show at Purina Farms. Hopefully they can get us in September 24th or so.
"Hopefully".

We have a problem with the system on our RV, and, having called them for tech support and having heard NOTHING for nearly a month now, my opinion on HWH "Customer Service" is about as low as it gets.

And I've tried several times to renew the request. Nada.
fottip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fottip View Post
"Hopefully".

We have a problem with the system on our RV, and, having called them for tech support and having heard NOTHING for nearly a month now, my opinion on HWH "Customer Service" is about as low as it gets.

Try again. I called Friday afternoon and the clerk picked right up, said the scheduling lady was out but will return my call on Monday.

I also filled out the form on their website describing the issue in full and requesting a service appointment.
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:37 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fottip View Post
"Hopefully".

I have been dealing with HWH for 13 years and I NEVER have had that kind of problem. Try them again, I am sure they will handle your problems.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:14 AM   #10

Took so long I had forgotten about it, but they did call me.
Rambel on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #11
Commercial Member

when that happens again, please feel free to call me 1 602 549 3638
i cant make the appointment for you but i can request a call back asap. like sooner than a month.
i dont make excuses for this problem, but i can help.
if i dont answer, please leave a number and a message. i will call back.
i work for hwh corp full time. i live in arizona. i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:08 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
when that happens again, please feel free to call me 1 602 549 3638
i cant make the appointment for you but i can request a call back asap. like sooner than a month.
i dont make excuses for this problem, but i can help.
if i dont answer, please leave a number and a message. i will call back.
i work for hwh corp full time. i live in arizona. i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
paul maddox

And Paul does GREAT work, I have used him for years.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet and Todd View Post
Try again...I also filled out the form on their website describing the issue in full and requesting a service appointment.
Yeah, right. I DID "try again", and again, and again. I ALSO filled out website tech support form and their website parts order form, for which I NEVER did get any response.

Here's the chronology for me:
1st call for tech help from HWH: 19July2019
Several repetitive calls in the interim for same tech support AND "call back parts support"
Actual tech support call: 3 October 2019

So, response time for the tech support I asked for is almost 3 months.

Who wants to be the first to try to put a happy face on this kind of service? No matter what your experience with HWH has been, there's no way anyone's going to convince me this is happy-time.

The good news is that apparently, the solenoid o-rings the tech was willing to sell me have fixed the solenoid leak that started this nightmare in the first place. But, 3 damned months to get them? C'mon - anyone want to try to argue that's "customer service"?

Gimme' a break - the RV is DISABLED when the HWH system is non-functional. Happy camper? Not so much.
fottip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
HWH Service

I had leaking solenoids in my service bay also. Calling HWH was a waste of time except that they said to call Stuart's in Elkhart.. Based on that, I contacted HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services aka Stuarts Service. That was the right thing to do. They know everything about every HWH system ever made, have the parts on hand, and will walk you thru how to install them. In just a few days I had everything I needed. Thanks to their instructions, I completed the repairs in only minutes when originally I was fretting a major repair that I did not know how to do.

Tags
hwh, service