Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #1

HWH system- all LED's lit and nothing works. Help

I have a 2000 36' Alpine. The HWH system worked fine last time out, then pulled open the control panel this weekend and turned it on and all LED's are lit up and nothing will work.
The generator slide still functions, but the air dump, jacks, room slide etc will not function.
I have looked at most of the documentation on this site and that came with my rig, but can't find a few things.
I found the HWH pump in the access panel on the passenger side, but did not see a control box or any fuses in there. I did not see any fuses in the passenger foot well area under the kick panel either. Is there somewhere else the control box would be located? Also how do you get to the back of the led/rocker switch panel to check the wires? it folds out but could not figure out how to release it to get behind it.
The site we were on was pretty level, so we went without using the jacks/slide, but would like to get it fixed before labor day if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Jason

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #2

Best advice...Call HWH....They are always busy but a tech will always call you back..

Old 08-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #3

Jason- pull the access panels right-of-console, and check the cable connections to the board on back of touch pad in the console, and the cable to see it isn't kinked, frayed, etc. They sometimes come undone, partially undone, pinch, fray, etc. over time.

Your motherboard may be between the frame members ahead of your entry step section (I found it there on an 03 IIRC); it was between the propane tank and the HWH compartment. If the above doesn't present a solution, go to the Tech Library under HWH-WRV, print yourself the HWH 625 Fuse & LED Quick Reference, and at the motherboard (if you are physically up to accessing it, getting in there & working is a challenge) check the LED status, recording all that are ON. Then if the LED status doesn't lead you to an answer, call HWH 800-321-3494 and ask for tech support.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #4

Should be a reset switch in the system somewhere
Old 08-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Jason:

When that happened on my 2001, I found that I could dump the Air but the Jacks would not come down and the slides would not work. It was determined that the Pump Motor had gone bad. This has happened twice now. Fortunately both times there was enough residual pressure to move the Gen Slide enough to fuel the Coach. Even though I could not close the Gen slide it was only open a couple of inches and I disconnected the alarm switch and drove home and to a repair shop.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fernandez View Post
Hello Jason:

When that happened on my 2001, I found that I could dump the Air but the Jacks would not come down and the slides would not work. It was determined that the Pump Motor had gone bad. This has happened twice now. Fortunately both times there was enough residual pressure to move the Gen Slide enough to fuel the Coach. Even though I could not close the Gen slide it was only open a couple of inches and I disconnected the alarm switch and drove home and to a repair shop.
The gen slide and the pump currently are working fine (which I was very surprised by). I thought it wouldn't work either.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
All - FWIW comment, I have always wondered why HWH did not put a filter on this sytem. The solenoids fail a lot, but it's contamination in the system most likely which causes this, a filter (provided some kind of circulation is achieved) would catch most of this and prevent other issues as well. Anyone heard if it's possible aftermarket?
Old 08-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #8

HWH Hidden Fuse

We just repaired our jack/slide system, replacing one solenoid, low pressure switch, and the pump relay, with help from Chuck Stuart at HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services

He is very helpful and knowledgeable and doesn't mind answering questions. He stocks most every part for HWH.

One thing to look for once you find your control panel is the 3 amp ground fuse (F12), which is fairly hidden where the level sensing board wires plug into the main board. One little spark will take that fuse out easily. Sometimes the fuse connectors may need cleaning. Good luck!

2004 Mandalay 38B
Turferrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #9

HWH techs has helped me in the past, there are very busy but always get back with you to trouble shoot the problem.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #10

The same thing happened to me a year ago on my '99. I called HWH and while I was waiting for them to call back I turned OFF the engine battery disconnect switch in the rear compartment, left it off for a couple of minutes and then turned it back on again and everything was normal again. When the tech call back later and I told him what I did he said he had never heard of that fix. So far it is still working.
gmfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #11

This happened to me also. Problem was one of the wires in the harness to the underside of the control panel came loose after years of pulling the compartment out. You might take the panel out, easy to do, and look at the connections in the back. I jury rigged mine so it would not come loose and had HWH fix it this summer.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #12

It was a loose connector on the panel. I didn't have a chance to fix it correctly yet, but a campground fix worked fine for this weekend.
Thanks for the help guys!

Tags
hwh