Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #15

Today I replaced the burnt out 40 amp fuse holder and I went with EM's temp fix with silicone tape and clamps on the sync cylinder hose and after cycling the jacks and slides over a dozen times, all systems are working fine and no sign of a leak. I'll continue to keep testing the system thru out these Winter months. The first sign of any moisture on the hose will prompt a replacement. That hose sells for $102.00 and because I always loose when I gamble I have a new one on the way.
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2014, 11:50 AM   #16

I have exactly the same leak in my right rear jack synchronizing cylinder hose connection. Is there anything to worry about when replacing this hose? I believe the right rear jack is supplied from the outside right solenoid on the pump. Is the hose still under pressure when jack is retracted? Once the hose is replaced, do I need to bleed the air out like a break line?

I think the hose I want is 1/4" x 280" (possibly part #AP4729).

Also, is there an oil filter or filters that I should also look at replacing during this hydraulic system repair?

Thanks
Steve
JeepPuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #17

Just to be clear--there is no such thing [on an Alpine anyway] as a "jack synchronizer", slides yes but jacks no......
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #18

After looking at this more closely and reading this thread over several times, I am not sure this synchronizing cylinder is part of the right rear jack. But I am sure the leak is coming from the hose on the back of this cylinder and I am sure my right rear jack retracts some after letting this leak continue with jack extended for several days. I originally thought this leak on the rear hose to this cylinder was related to the right rear jack. Now I think I might have 2 separate issues with the HWH system on this coach.

I guess I need to fix the leak first and then move to the jack retracting problem is they are not related.

I need the hose pulled to get length before HWH can make a new one or find the part number which is proving to be difficult.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #19

Agreed, this synchronizing cylinder, while above the right rear jack, is not connected to the jack system. Now I need to find out which slide it belongs with and where this hose terminates. Hopefully easy to pull a new one.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:35 PM   #20

The synchronizing cylinder is for the rear bed closet slide and the hose terminates at the HWH pump manifold.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:13 PM   #21

Is that the same part number you posted earlier in this thread? I talked to HWH today and they need a part number or length. I would prefer to not pull it until I have the new one.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2014, 10:09 PM   #22

The part # you stated in post #16 is the correct hose part number. Looking at mine I will more than likely go with a little longer hose. The bends at both ends appear to be a little strained.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
I needed to replace a HWH hydraulic hose on a Gen Slide a couple of week ago. Instead of ordering one from HWH and waiting for its arrival, I took the old hose to a hydraulic hose repair facility in the area and they build a new one in about 30 minutes and charged $70.00. This is just food for thought.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #24

See AZPete's post# 14 as to hydraulic hoses & whether the length is critical. If length is not critical, and since many folks abandon a failed hose in place (leave it there & route the new one next to the bundle of hoses/wires), you can use a tape measure to determine the new hose length. The hose maker needs to match the end fittings, and use swage dies that are specific to the brand & design of the hose, which any competent hydraulic shop will have for the brand(s) of hoses they carry. IIWMI'd take a photo of the ends w/a measuring tape in the shot for clear reference for the shop, unless I was handing them the hose as in Dave's case above.
Or if I was really feeling brave, I'd hack the old hose end off to use as the example.

Tags
leak