Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #1

I have the residential reefer. I can only make ice when connected to shore power. When on the inverter I have water coming out the dispenser, the freezer is ok. but no ice is made. All ideas will be most appreciated.
Thanks

40' 2004 ALPINE COACH FDTS
chris cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #2

I have the residential reefer. I can only make ice when connected to shore power. When on the inverter I have water coming out the dispenser, the freezer is ok. but no ice is made. All ideas will be most appreciated.
Thanks

Old 02-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #3

The problem is the plug behind the refrigerator doesn't work thorough the inverter, you will need to add a new plug that will work through the inverter. Then use that plug for the icemaker. Usually you can tap into the plug on the outside wall, located close to the floor on the left side off the refrigerator. Extend that plug to behind the refrigerator. GOOD LUCK
Old 02-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #4

Fred- I thought the res-refer was powered by a single outlet that is on the inverter (including power to the ice maker w/in the refer). I see you have an '01, which I believe was B4 the res-refer was an option.
According to the salesman (yeah, sure, ha, ha, ha, listen to a sales snake) the inverter now runs the res-fridge, TV, etc., then calls for Auto-Gen-Start when the batteries get down to 11.5 volts. I've got the RV fridge, so no power to the fridge when on inverter.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #5

Chris:

I have the exact same coach as you, and everything works just fine off the inverter. The only plugs that have to have shore power or be on the gen set are the two roof air units, washer and dryer, light fixture over dining table, and for some reason the 110 plug by the co-pilots seat.

You may want to go through your ProSine configuration panel. It could possibly be the refer is not getting enough amps/volts through the inverter output. That panel is one of the first things I re-did. From the factory everything was set up with generic/default settings. Like, the charger was set up for gel type batteries, not flooded, total battery storage was at 50% of actual.

The problem is, of course, no where in the manuals does this get explained per your particular unit. If we could both get in front of the panels on mobile phones, I could walk you through each setting. Or, I wrote down all the specs different than default on the inside cover of the ProSine manual I could fax to you. Will try to help if I can.

Take care,

Walt

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #6

How truly goofy- the 110 plug next to co-pilot on our 36' is run off the inverter. Maybe the 40's have more plugs, or maybe the Xantrex has more plug capacity?
Or maybe logic is an overrated concept
Old 02-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #7

My 05 40fdqs has the outlet behind the pass seat as shore power or gen only. How silly I unusually want to plug a lap top or lamp into the outlet.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not sure which res-refer you have, would your ice maker have a switch or bar so that you could shut off ice maker while traveling and it wouldn't dispence water. I ask because my house refer has one. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:17 AM   #9

Walt: I reconfigured the ProSine about a year ago when I switched my flooded batteries out for AGM's. I don't recall seeing anything regarding the amps output but, then again, there is a lot I don't recall. I'll check it again tomorrow. I would appreciate the fax. 928-3532283.

EM & Wayne: My outlet behind the pass. seat also is not connected to the inverter. That's where I connect my laptop, leapfrog remote, telephone and a few other small transformers. I've run an extension from the outlet by the dinette to a power bar behind the small table.

007: There is a water off bar which is a part of the icemaker designed to either shut off the water or stop it when the ice bin is full. But even when empty and the bar is down there is no ice (water) flowing into the maker when on the inverter even though water is dispensed on the door.

Thanks everyone and don't forget Tuesday is Valentines day. Whoever can solve this one can be my valentine.

Old 02-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #10
hf

Solo Rvers Club
Intresting the plug behind co pilot in 04 36 foot runs on shore power only that the only plug that wont run off inverter I assumed it because I have mid door if any one figures out why this is please post bthere must be some reason other than "its an alpine"
Old 02-13-2006, 04:52 AM   #11

On my rig the wiring diagram states that the loop to the inverter is eliminated when the residential refer is installed. Probably because of the load on the inverter when the compressor starts.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #12

Now I'm wondering if maybe its just me that is truly goofy, and that outlet isn't on the inverter. But I'll swear I charged my phone there while drycamped. Hafta check it this weekend when I get to visit my coach (& wife).