Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #1

Ice maker

Where is the valve to shut off water to the ice maker. 2002 fdds 35'. Thanks for any help. I have water driping from the bottom of the refer. Do not see any pipes there????
areed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Most have a shut off under sink. You will see a smaller line heading in direction of fridge. I also have another shut off behind fridge, when I take off lower vent outside I can see that one.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #3

Assume you are talking an RV refrig vs a residential on your 2002 Alpine--no matter, the shut-off valve is "usually" behind the access door above the sewer drains/dump valves on the drivers's side, sanitation bay. The plastic line goes from the sanitation bay across and under the refrig floor area. Unlike the residential model, your RV refrig does have the outside access door on the side of the coach too but suspect the turn-off is in the sanitation bay.....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
On those models with the residential refrigerator the valve is in the same place, in the utility bay, behind the panel.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
WRV also placed the shut off valve on the passenger side. My friends Alpine 2001 had the shut off valve for the ice maker on the passenger side over the grey tank only accessible from the passenger side door.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
I guess it depends upon the year, mine is a 2005.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Pete,

The water leak is most likely the solenoid valve in the bottom rear of the fridge or the tube fitting where it attaches to the solenoid. Each time you dispense water or the fridge fills the ice maker you should hear a clicking sound which is that solenoid operated.

Of course there's one other possibility that happened to my coach while having major repairs performed. A critter (most likely a mouse) chewed the tubing behind the fridge. Since I have a residential fridge it had to be removed to replace the tubing. What a PITA! Hopefully you have easy rear access to your fridge.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #8

Hi Pete,

Remove the reefer access panel on the passenger outside. Check for a drip coming from the fitting attached to the blue colored solenoid valve. Just below you should see a braided metal hose leading to the solenoid. Follow it down to the bay door just below. You will find a "T" needle valve handle in the line--that is your shut off valve.

sdcyclist
Old 11-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
Assume you are talking an RV refrig vs a residential on your 2002 Alpine--no matter, the shut-off valve is "usually" behind the access door above the sewer drains/dump valves on the drivers's side, sanitation bay. The plastic line goes from the sanitation bay across and under the refrig floor area. Unlike the residential model, your RV refrig does have the outside access door on the side of the coach too but suspect the turn-off is in the sanitation bay.....
This is where my shut of is located also.
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #10

ice maker

Thanks for the help....
areed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #11

I have a 2004 and found mine located in the wet bay on the driver side. It is behind a Velcro panel. I would never have located it were it not for the previous owner telling me.
Mocha Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #12

could be the solenoid, but most likely given the age the small plastic line to the ice maker located on the rear of the refrigerator has deterorated and needs to be replaced. Based on experience with my 01. Have to pull the refer forward and almost out to replace. Also put and in line shut off on the line in the compartment behind the refer so easier to shut off the water line.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
My 34 uses the armored tubing which I highly recommend for all connections. The fridge is on the passenger side and the valve is under the floor in the storage compartment on that side. Very hard to see and get at. I find the ice-maker very slow so I have the water turned off and fill the dispenser with ice from home before I leave. Lasts most of a week. My ice maker was not wired through the inverter so I stuck one in the access panel to power it while on the road.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
I have a related question. I cannot get water to the fridge icemaker or door water dispenser. Worked fine last fall. I found the valve in the bay behind the plastic panel with the Velcro closure. I took off the hose and found that there was water there. I followed the hose to the other side of the coach and up to the floor. There is water in the hose. The hose then goes up behind the fridge I believe. Please help me figure what happens then. I have residential Amana fridge. I changed the filter and found no water to the filter. 2002 40 foot alpine.

Thanks
2002 alpine is offline   Reply With Quote