Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Ignition Song doesn't play. Turn signal click absent.

Happened this morning. Actia gauges did their thing but no "song". Turn signals work but no click. I tried rebooting the Vansco. No change. Thoughts?
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2018, 05:57 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Well, looks like I found the answer. On May 3, 2018, iamduane writes:

I talked with Ed Belonge at Actia and he sent me an email with a rma number and instructions to return the speedometer for repair. He said some parts are still available like the speaker and LCD and did not know about the board. Mine has the speaker for the sounds (turn signal and other required sound) built into the speedometer. It cost me about $165 for the repair and $35 for return shipping. They replaced both the speaker and the LCD. His contact information is ebelonge@actia.com phone number 574-264-2373 ext 1496.

I will have to wait until next spring to tackle this because we're traveling now.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:47 PM   #3

Are the Actia gauges OEM to your coach?

I think the gauges in my 1998 Alpine are original. The speedo is so erratic it is worthless. The tach seems right most of the time but occasionally it registers around 2100 when it should be at 1800.

There was a new white faced Actia speedo stored in a cabinet when I bought the coach. I assume the PO bought it but never got around to installing it. Considering installing the Actia speedo. Others probably have gone down this road. Is it a DYI project? Or is it difficult to install and get it calibrated?

I have been using gps as speedo. Works ok but would be nice to have all the instruments functioning properly.

Oil pressure gauge is also sometime erratic at idle. It functions normally when off idle. Bad sending unit? Defective elec connection?

Thanks for input.
gmcgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:44 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
And now, mysteriously, it has started working again. The boot sequence song, the turn signal click and the generator slide alarm all started working again.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:56 PM   #5

Great for you! No help for me.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?
gmcgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
All - Sounds like the little computer in the Actia got a wild hair up it's electrons. Turning off all the coach power to it, will let all the computers bleed down, and their hair gets straight again, and work.
Reminds me of the time, brought MH home to load out, several hours later, went to start/fast idle and no joy. Hmmm, this also kept wipers from working, cruise control would not work, in fact anything tied to the steering wheel, would not work. So I got to where I was going, and downloaded "Smart wheels" diagnostic document, and started going through that. Got down to about step 6, and realized, so far everything had checked out, so I put NO-OX-ID-Special A grease on all the connections, and buttoned up all back up. Everything then worked as it should. Must have been one connector which had a tad bit of corrosion on it, took it off, and put it back, that broke the corrosion, and it's worked just fine since then, and that has been since 2014 I think. Computers, cannot live with them, and cannot live without them. Nasty little buggers.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:47 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcgene View Post
Great for you! No help for me.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?
If you replaced the speedo with the new one in the box I bet your problem would be solved.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #8

J&T-
I'm guessing the connectors at back of the speedo are not seating properly, they don't have a positive click-to-stick detente, so you have to push them home and hope they stay.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:11 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Oh, thanks Mike. I will have to check that because it stopped working again.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:53 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
E Mike, I crawled under the dash and jiggled the connector. It seemed seated but low and behold, everything now works again. Thanks so much.

Tags
abs, ignition