Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:22 PM   #1

Found this on the Winny forum.

I'm getting prepared to re-cable my AV for HD and ED on the Plasma and tried to research all components first. This was hard to find and still doesn't answer all my questions.

What I don't know is what the box looks like, where it is and how it taps into our speaker system (i.e. does it switch speaker signals/2wire or audio signals/rca-jack).

Anyway, here's the info for those that wondered and couldn't find anything on their site or in our manual pack:

REPORT on

DHS MTS & DHS MTS w/ Q-Surround

First of all, Coach owners will have to determine which one of the two systems described below, was installed in their coach. Earlier year coaches were equipped with DHS MTS Systems. The currant
production model coaches have the upgraded DHS MTS Q-Surround 5.1 Systems.

DHS are the initials for the Don Hamilton System. Don Hamilton is an Electronics Engineer who holds the distinction of being one of the renown
"Golden Ears" for a major audio component manufacturer. Aside from his duties there, Mr.Hamilton designed and engineered both systems described here, exclusively for RiverPark Inc., who is an Original Equipment Manufacturer to the Motor Home Industry. Both systems are basically "a behind the scene system" that require
a true stereo signal with no adjustments.

DHS MTS represents Mobile Theatre System. This system was designed to enhance the Dash Radio & TV performance with a specially designed amplifier module and a series of special speakers.

DHS MTS w/Q-Surround has the same Mobile Theatre System, plus a 3D Audio IC processor that decodes audio output signals and creates 5.1 channel (speakers) stereo surround sound, utilizes proprietary computer software and engineering techniques (Qsurround Technology) by Qsound Labs, Inc.

DHS MTS In the Dash Radio Mode w/CD or Cassette

When the Speaker Switch set in the Radio Speaker Mode and the Radio turned ON, Special Internal Circuitry with in the DHS MTS System sense a 2 channel stereo signal and brings DHS MTS System
out of "sleep Mode" and automatically turns on a 32 band per channel Equalizer and a Processor that synthesizes 4 channel stereo (left and
right front cube speakers),(left and right rear cube speakers) and (both 6" x 9" sub-woofer speakers). Each channel is 12 watts. Due to
the environment of the coach, channel(speaker) adjustability is not available. This system uses active frequency equalization to compensate for the interior of a Motor Home while keeping the
system flexible and simple. When the Radio is turned OFF, the DHS MTS System senses no stereo
signal and switches into "sleep Mode".

DHS MTS In the TV/VCR/DVD Mode w/MTS only

When the Speaker Switch set to the TV Speaker Mode and the TV turned ON, Special Internal Circuitry with in the DHS MTS System sense a Audio/Video signal and brings DHS MTS System out of"sleep Mode" and automatically turns on a 32 band per channel Equalizer and a Processor that synthesizes 4 channel stereo (left and right front cube speakers) & (left and right rear cube speakers). Each channel is 12 watts. Due to the environment of the coach, channel(speaker) adjustability is not available. This system uses
active frequency equalization to compensate for the interior of a Motor Home while keeping the system flexible and simple.
When the TV or Video source is turned OFF, the DHS MTS System
senses no signal and switches into "sleep Mode".

DHS MTS in the TV / VCR / DVD Mode w/ Q-Surround Sound 5.1

When the Speaker Switch set to the TV Speaker Mode and the TV turned ON, Special Internal Circuits with in the DHS-MTSw/ Q-Surround System sense a an Audio/Video signal and brings DHS MTS
w/ Q-Surround System out of "sleep Mode" and automatically turns on a 32 band per channel Equalizer and the Q-Surround 3D IC audio
processor that creates 5.1 channels(speakers)(left and right front cubes speakers) & ( Center cube speaker) & ( left and right rear cube
speaker) and (Both 6" x 9" sub-woofers speakers). The Center Cube channel (speaker)only responds to a TV/Video signal. Each channel is 12 watts.
When the Q-Surround Sound System is activated, the surround speakers are more active then in conventional Dolby Systems. Due to the environment of the coach, channel(speaker) adjustability is not available. This system uses active frequency equalization to compensate for the interior of a Motor Home while keeping the
system flexible and simple.
When the TV/Video Source is turned OFF, the DHS MTS Q-Surround Sound System switches into "sleep Mode".

Both if these Sound Systems were designed and engineered to meet the highest standards in the Automotive Industries. All components
comply with GM, Ford, and Chrysler quality testing.

In the event of a system failure or if you have any questions regarding the operations of your DHS MTS System, you are welcome to call or
write Mark or Greg in Customer Service at RiverPark as listed below.

RiverPark, Inc.
21953 Protecta Drive
Elkhart, IN 46516
Phone 800-442-7717
Fax 574-295-8780
Or visit them on the Internet at http://www.riverparkinc.com

This report was made possible through the support and cooperation of the RiverPark, Inc. Customer Service Department and is issued by Tomcat F15. The content of this report is for your information and is subject to change.

Tmocat F15
2003 Journey DL
with MTS DHS Qsurround 5.1 Sound

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2005, 04:22 PM   #2

Found this on the Winny forum.

I'm getting prepared to re-cable my AV for HD and ED on the Plasma and tried to research all components first. This was hard to find and still doesn't answer all my questions.

What I don't know is what the box looks like, where it is and how it taps into our speaker system (i.e. does it switch speaker signals/2wire or audio signals/rca-jack).

Anyway, here's the info for those that wondered and couldn't find anything on their site or in our manual pack:

REPORT on

DHS MTS & DHS MTS w/ Q-Surround

First of all, Coach owners will have to determine which one of the two systems described below, was installed in their coach. Earlier year coaches were equipped with DHS MTS Systems. The currant
production model coaches have the upgraded DHS MTS Q-Surround 5.1 Systems.

DHS are the initials for the Don Hamilton System. Don Hamilton is an Electronics Engineer who holds the distinction of being one of the renown
"Golden Ears" for a major audio component manufacturer. Aside from his duties there, Mr.Hamilton designed and engineered both systems described here, exclusively for RiverPark Inc., who is an Original Equipment Manufacturer to the Motor Home Industry. Both systems are basically "a behind the scene system" that require
a true stereo signal with no adjustments.

DHS MTS represents Mobile Theatre System. This system was designed to enhance the Dash Radio & TV performance with a specially designed amplifier module and a series of special speakers.

DHS MTS w/Q-Surround has the same Mobile Theatre System, plus a 3D Audio IC processor that decodes audio output signals and creates 5.1 channel (speakers) stereo surround sound, utilizes proprietary computer software and engineering techniques (Qsurround Technology) by Qsound Labs, Inc.

DHS MTS In the Dash Radio Mode w/CD or Cassette

When the Speaker Switch set in the Radio Speaker Mode and the Radio turned ON, Special Internal Circuitry with in the DHS MTS System sense a 2 channel stereo signal and brings DHS MTS System
out of "sleep Mode" and automatically turns on a 32 band per channel Equalizer and a Processor that synthesizes 4 channel stereo (left and
right front cube speakers),(left and right rear cube speakers) and (both 6" x 9" sub-woofer speakers). Each channel is 12 watts. Due to
the environment of the coach, channel(speaker) adjustability is not available. This system uses active frequency equalization to compensate for the interior of a Motor Home while keeping the
system flexible and simple. When the Radio is turned OFF, the DHS MTS System senses no stereo
signal and switches into "sleep Mode".

DHS MTS In the TV/VCR/DVD Mode w/MTS only

When the Speaker Switch set to the TV Speaker Mode and the TV turned ON, Special Internal Circuitry with in the DHS MTS System sense a Audio/Video signal and brings DHS MTS System out of"sleep Mode" and automatically turns on a 32 band per channel Equalizer and a Processor that synthesizes 4 channel stereo (left and right front cube speakers) & (left and right rear cube speakers). Each channel is 12 watts. Due to the environment of the coach, channel(speaker) adjustability is not available. This system uses
active frequency equalization to compensate for the interior of a Motor Home while keeping the system flexible and simple.
When the TV or Video source is turned OFF, the DHS MTS System
senses no signal and switches into "sleep Mode".

DHS MTS in the TV / VCR / DVD Mode w/ Q-Surround Sound 5.1

When the Speaker Switch set to the TV Speaker Mode and the TV turned ON, Special Internal Circuits with in the DHS-MTSw/ Q-Surround System sense a an Audio/Video signal and brings DHS MTS
w/ Q-Surround System out of "sleep Mode" and automatically turns on a 32 band per channel Equalizer and the Q-Surround 3D IC audio
processor that creates 5.1 channels(speakers)(left and right front cubes speakers) & ( Center cube speaker) & ( left and right rear cube
speaker) and (Both 6" x 9" sub-woofers speakers). The Center Cube channel (speaker)only responds to a TV/Video signal. Each channel is 12 watts.
When the Q-Surround Sound System is activated, the surround speakers are more active then in conventional Dolby Systems. Due to the environment of the coach, channel(speaker) adjustability is not available. This system uses active frequency equalization to compensate for the interior of a Motor Home while keeping the
system flexible and simple.
When the TV/Video Source is turned OFF, the DHS MTS Q-Surround Sound System switches into "sleep Mode".

Both if these Sound Systems were designed and engineered to meet the highest standards in the Automotive Industries. All components
comply with GM, Ford, and Chrysler quality testing.

In the event of a system failure or if you have any questions regarding the operations of your DHS MTS System, you are welcome to call or
write Mark or Greg in Customer Service at RiverPark as listed below.

RiverPark, Inc.
21953 Protecta Drive
Elkhart, IN 46516
Phone 800-442-7717
Fax 574-295-8780
Or visit them on the Internet at http://www.riverparkinc.com

This report was made possible through the support and cooperation of the RiverPark, Inc. Customer Service Department and is issued by Tomcat F15. The content of this report is for your information and is subject to change.

Tmocat F15
2003 Journey DL
with MTS DHS Qsurround 5.1 Sound

Old 08-25-2005, 08:14 PM   #3

Just a follow-up....

There is a wiring diagram at the end of the 2004 Owners Manual. Appears the DHS is connected to speaker wiring with an audio (rca/jacks) input from the Pioneer Dash Stereo.

But, audio input from the AV system is not shown on this diagram or the previous drawing depicting other AV connections.

So, now my remaining question is how does AV audio get to the DHS?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:32 AM   #4

Ask Indio, he has a big post on this I think.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #5

Hey,
I have an Itasca Suncruiser 2003 33'. I had a similar issue with upgrading my tube TV to a flat screen. No easy way to use the DHS MTS w/ Q-Surround as my TV audio output. I also spent a lot of time researching and futzing around with tracing cable, wires and even finding the darn DHS MTS.
I got to the point where the headphone 3.5 mm port on the back of the TV was my last resort. Previously I had bought a car audio cassette tape adapter that provided a 3.5 mm jack for my iphone for music (I still have the original magnadyne radio hence to aux conn.). I turned on the radio, inserted the cassette, connected the 3.5mm connector into the headphone port on the back of the TV, went to TV audio settings and chose headphone and darned if it didn't work. You may also have to fiddle with the Speaker Source Selector (TV or Radio) or comparable switch.
Hero for a day to the woman.