Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2007, 05:05 AM   #1

A variety of motorhomes come with backup beepers so it seems odd that Alpine Coaches don't. After Audrey pointed this out to me several times, I found a few backup beepers online and decided on the easiest solution.

The Alpine Coach has two sets of backup lights. The set at the bottom of the turn and brake light stack on our 2006 coach is type 3156. Hopkins Manufacturing made a replacement backup light with beeper, called the Back-up Alert.
Installation was easy, however, the beeping is not very loud. After a few months the beeping could not be heard.

Back-up Alert which stopped working after a few months.

See the April 2008 post below about the replacement.

-John
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2007, 05:05 AM   #2

A variety of motorhomes come with backup beepers so it seems odd that Alpine Coaches don't. After Audrey pointed this out to me several times, I found a few backup beepers online and decided on the easiest solution.

The Alpine Coach has two sets of backup lights. The set at the bottom of the turn and brake light stack on our 2006 coach is type 3156. Hopkins Manufacturing made a replacement backup light with beeper, called the Back-up Alert.
Installation was easy, however, the beeping is not very loud. After a few months the beeping could not be heard.

Back-up Alert which stopped working after a few months.

See the April 2008 post below about the replacement.

-John
Old 02-01-2007, 05:34 AM   #3

Woohoo! I'm so happy I have my backup beeper! I'd been grumbling about lack of it for over a year now - who knew the solution was so easy.

Of course that means people watch while you back into your site. But guided by John's expert hand signals, it usually looks like I know what I'm doing!

Audrey
Old 02-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #4

Thanks John,
I too have been wondering why there wasn't a back up "beeper". Your solution is easy and fast.

In reading the info on the item, it says it can be turned "off" by switching into reverse twice quickly... might be good if your having to come into a campground late at night

I will be sending off for one soon.
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Audrey & John:
... But guided by John's expert hand signals, it usually looks like I know what I'm doing!

Audrey </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Audrey, it's awesome that you park it. I'm still continuing to convince my wife to take the driver's seat for the second time!! (having driven for 30 miles on I-10 on our second trip out.)
Jeff_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #6

Wow Jeff,
you got her to drive 30 miles? I have only convinced Cyndi to drive about 5 so far... tell me how to get her to do the 30
Old 02-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff S.:
Audrey, it's awesome that you park it. I'm still continuing to convince my wife to take the driver's seat for the second time!! (having driven for 30 miles on I-10 on our second trip out.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL Jeff! I'm the only one that drives it!

Audrey
Old 02-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #8

And if that doesn't shut everybody up, nothing will!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Good one Audrey.

We have had our own back up alarm since the day we purchased ours . It works especially well at night, in unfamiliar places with low hanging trees . Opps sorry honey

Old 02-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Tom and Patty,

We had the same beeper system but have decided there is a better way. I now do the backing with Dave giving directions. Works much better than the other way around. Had a fellow come up to me in Livingston to ask if I really did the backing up and did I also drive. When I said yes, he replied that he better make sure his wife didn't find out - she had been pestering him to teach her how to handle the coach and he told her that no wives did that! I made a couple of comments to him about the average response time of rural paramedics and hoped he never needed to depend upon his wife

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:32 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Audrey & John:

LOL Jeff! I'm the only one that drives it!

Audrey </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Too Cool!! I'll tell my wife about your reply!
Jeff_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #12

Uh oh! Please don't get me in trouble!

Audrey
Old 02-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #13

I also installed a backup beeper very shortly after we got our coach. What I have been patiently waiting for is E Mikes wiring diagram and mechanical setup to park our coaches as per the New Lexus. Mike I truly have been patiently waiting. I am certain that many of us would gladly follow suit.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #14

I will second Ted!! come on EMike!

I ordered my backup beeper from ajprindle.com and just got an email and letter from them that the item is no longer carried. I have (very briefly) searched the internet and have not found another site yet. Thought I would ask the forum if anyone else has a source