Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #1

I am having trouble with an intermittent ABS light on the dashboard panel. It seems to happen after driving for awhile usually after a rest stop. When WRV was still open the technicians gave me the troubleshooting procedures. The trouble code is 42 on the Vansco panel light #19. Does anyone have any information on what this code means? I have cleaned the ABS wheel sensors and have not had any other brake proplems.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #2

I am having trouble with an intermittent ABS light on the dashboard panel. It seems to happen after driving for awhile usually after a rest stop. When WRV was still open the technicians gave me the troubleshooting procedures. The trouble code is 42 on the Vansco panel light #19. Does anyone have any information on what this code means? I have cleaned the ABS wheel sensors and have not had any other brake proplems.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #3

I had the intermittent ABS from the beginning on a new 2006 FDTS, and the good folks at Guaranty, after a lot of trial and error, finally installed a new ABS module. It's located on the aft wall of the battery compartment. Since the swap, and 7000 miles later, no more ABS lights.

Dick
San Diego, CA
Old 10-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
On a previous post, someone mentioned to push in the sensors on each wheel a little more, as they sometimes work themselves out. Mine went away, so I never looked into it more than that. Do a search on this forum for ABS, or Brakes and see what you get.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #5

I have checked and cleaned my sensors, but still have the problem. I believe that I may have a bad ABS module. However, I can't locate it on my 2004 40FDTS. Can anyone out there help with the location? It's not in the battery compartment or near the Vansco modules.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #6

The 04 has a metal closure panel in the last bay (where fuel filter & air chuck are?). IIWY I'd look behind that & if not there then lift the bed & look around on PS. I'm guessing it was not moved far for the later coaches where it is in the batt compartment.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #7

the abs modulator on the 04 40' is located in the rear cargo compartment mounted between the fram rails. the abs ecu is located in the battery box. code 42 id for the left front electrical fault you may want to trace back from the sensor to inside the frame rail and check to see that it is fully conntected. if not the sensor itself may need to be replaced