Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #1

When we got our coach, our entertainment system consisted of an LG LSS-3200A satellite receiver, Sharp Aquos TV and Kenwood AV controller. Occasionally, while watching TV, the speaker over the dining room table would go out and I figured there must be a loose connection. Subsequently, our Kenwood AV receiver got fried and I replaced it with a Sony, which only has front speakers. Occasionally, the left front speaker goes out. I then decided the problem was probably not with the speaker. If I turn off the TV, the AV receiver, and the satellite receiver, and turn them on again, the speaker is fine. Or, if I play CDs, the speaker is fine. If I turn off only the TV, there is still sound, so I assume the sound is being generated from the satellite receiver. Since, when I wired in the new receiver the only input is from the TV, I assume the satellite receiver is wired into the TV. Does it sound like there might be a bad connection between the satellite receiver and the TV? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #2

When we got our coach, our entertainment system consisted of an LG LSS-3200A satellite receiver, Sharp Aquos TV and Kenwood AV controller. Occasionally, while watching TV, the speaker over the dining room table would go out and I figured there must be a loose connection. Subsequently, our Kenwood AV receiver got fried and I replaced it with a Sony, which only has front speakers. Occasionally, the left front speaker goes out. I then decided the problem was probably not with the speaker. If I turn off the TV, the AV receiver, and the satellite receiver, and turn them on again, the speaker is fine. Or, if I play CDs, the speaker is fine. If I turn off only the TV, there is still sound, so I assume the sound is being generated from the satellite receiver. Since, when I wired in the new receiver the only input is from the TV, I assume the satellite receiver is wired into the TV. Does it sound like there might be a bad connection between the satellite receiver and the TV? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:42 PM   #3

Sounds too complicated for me! Maybe EngineerMike will read this post and give you a helpful suggestion.

and Starlight (January 20, 2000 - March 17, 2009)
Gary M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #4

Well...er...uh...
I'm not too good with audio-visual voodoo (or math)
Old 05-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Jerry,

I don't know the wiring on your coach, but here are some things to check. There is power going to each speaker coming out of the Sony, this will be in a pairs of wires going to each speaker. If there is a problem there, movement of the wires would be the cause of cutting out. There is the sound source input going into the Sony in the form of a pair of stereo audio cables with round plugs on the ends with a center prong, usually one red and one white. These end connectors can loose good connection usually on the outer ring. The Sound from the Satellite receiver will get to the TV either thru an antenna connection or a pair of the stereo audio cables. (BEST and required along with a 3 cable component video cable for HD.) I am not the best typist so I keep my replies short and this is a complex subject. If you have questions please feel free to call me at 702 306-4394

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote