Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
inverter

we have a 1999 coach when the wife bought it there were no manuals between the work eng mike has done and time spent i have 80% of them .the problem i'm having is no power to the tv set which i use for a back up camera and the outlet by the table that i use for the phone. these work when on shore power or running the generator . but not going down the road . it did last year when i parked it and after i put in new batteries . the manual for the freedom 20 shows a 300 amp fuse . the owners manual for the coach is no help to show were it is at. there are 4 black boxes in the service bay but have no markings on them . i would like to find it so i can test it . i have looked at every thing i can think of . i have spent two years putting this coach back on the road . the first road test was 13000 miles . thank god for the forum as i lost the brake lights in alaska and i had no idea were to look . put in new switch and was down the road. thanks everybody for all the help. ernie

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
On our '99 as you look in the battery bay high on the left side toward the frame you'll see a heavy red cable leading up to a small (~1.5x5" at a guess, dark and cold out there) fuse holder attached to the left bulkhead, the cover just pries off and you'll see a 300A fuse held down by 2 lugs.

The fuse was blown on ours when I went to pick it up. None of the outlets would work and the batteries were not being charged by the inverter, so if you have any function at all out of the inverter that's not the problem. Also the outlet behind the passenger's seat is not powered by the inverter on our coach, wish it was as that's were I sit when parked.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
thanks dave i found it. i have a very bad back and working in the battery bay takes me a day or two to get over it is all most as bad as the propane area. i found the box will get some one to help me check it out the outlet is back by the eating table as ours is a center door as we found out we put a 5 cube foot freeze in before leaving alaska to haul the fish back . it fit in the area were the chairs sat on the door side spent the night in canada the next morning the battery was all but dead so i only pluged it in when on shore power . oh its 85 and sunny here . thanks for the help we are headed north to snow county .
Old 10-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Ahh, that outlet, that one is on the inverter on mine also (same 36SDS as yours) we use it to run the vacuum when boondocking. I was thinking of the one up by the recliner which is where I sit and use my computer.

If anything at all works on the inverter including the charge function save your back as the fuse is good. Have you checked the inverter's breakers?

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter