Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
Jack Solenoids

Can someone please tell me where the Jack Selonoids are located on my 40 Alpine?

Jack & Brenda
2004 Alpine 40'
Jackduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
If it's an HWH system, the solenoids are mounted on the hydraulic reservoir. Trace the hydraulic line from one of the front jacks and you should find it.

2007 Newmar DSDP 4023
Discovery is seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought.
If you want to see what man made go East; if you want to see what God made go West.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
Usually in the compartment behind the passenger side front wheel well--6 slide solenoids and 4 jack solenoids. Lots of stuff going on behind that door--do you think you have a problem with the "jack solenoids?"
Old Scout
2003 40' MDTS
Garden Ridge, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #4

I think I may we have not started on them it just that when we checked the Jacks three went down and one did not move. When I hit the store button nothing happens but using the arrows they move.
Jack & Brenda
2004 Alpine 40'
Old 08-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Sounds more like a control panel problem if the jacks don't come up when you hit the store button, and the jacks move when using the arrow buttons.
Jim A
'04 Alpine Coach 36' MDDS
Jim A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
Alpine Owners Club
Jack you might have a bad HWH shuttle valve which will cause the jacks not to retract.
Dave Fernandez
2001, 38ft FDDS, 350 ISC, Tow 2004 Yukon
Dave Fernandez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #7
Shuttle Value

Right now I have the Jack's down and I can not get them back up, this happen the last time I tryed and I had to wate a few hours to get them to retrack. I don't know what I am looking for when it comes to the system, i think this system is run by air not hyd, right? Is their a test or system I can do to get the jacks back up?
Jack & Brenda
2004 Alpine 40'
Old 08-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
Alpine Owners Club
Jack, first the jacks and slides are or should be hydraulic. Now in the early years, I think WRV used electric slides, but I also believe the jacks have always been hydraulic.

It's not the jacks perse, it's most likely the HWH control panel. Try powering down the coach by unplugging shore power, and turning off all the master switches for a minute or so. Then power up the coach, and try again, the brain in the HWH control panel might have been scrambled. If worse comes to worse, there is a manual way to store the jacks, but I have never done it. Others here whom have might know what to do. You can always wait until Monday and call HWH and get a tech on the phone who can walk you through the manual procedure.

Also if you have an owners manual, now is the time to read the secton on the jacks and how they operate, to refresh your memory on the procedure.

Good Luck.

Monty & Janet - 2007 Alpine APEX 40 MDTS
S/N - 75715 - Retired - Master Certified RV Tech
Old Rv'er is offline   Reply With Quote