Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #1

Got ready to move the coach today and all was well. Before turning on ignition the HWH "travel mode" green light was lighted. Started the engine and the led message on the instruments read "Jacks Down" and "Air Low". The alarm warning sound started and the green light light went out. I got out and looked at the jacks- all was well, they were up, and the air suspension was at ride height. Well, I drove the coach to the shop with the warning sound howling because I had an appointment to look into a propane leak. Any thoughts? Could it be the pigtail in the console from moving it back and forth? I purposely don't pull it out any further than necessary due to some of the discussion on this forum.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #2

Got ready to move the coach today and all was well. Before turning on ignition the HWH "travel mode" green light was lighted. Started the engine and the led message on the instruments read "Jacks Down" and "Air Low". The alarm warning sound started and the green light light went out. I got out and looked at the jacks- all was well, they were up, and the air suspension was at ride height. Well, I drove the coach to the shop with the warning sound howling because I had an appointment to look into a propane leak. Any thoughts? Could it be the pigtail in the console from moving it back and forth? I purposely don't pull it out any further than necessary due to some of the discussion on this forum.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #3

Take a breeze thru the HWH 625 Series Leveling System Service Manual. I think your answer is in LED's #17 & 18 on the control panel located in the PS compartment aft of front wheel (small lid w/lock on it just below floor line). The junk in the sliding drawer does not appear to be involved in the actuation of the buzzer/alarm.

There is an LED schematic about 2/3 of the way thru manual; it tells which LED's are associated w/each jack & jack sensor, travel mode (green light), etc. I suspect you either have a bad sensor in one of the jacks, or it is migrating down just enough to trip the warning. The "Jacks Down" message on the Actia gauge is originated in the control panel (I believe), then routed thru the Annunciator control that links chassis system signals w/the idiot light bank & the gauges. You should, w/patience, be able to translate the LED's to discern which jack is the problem it you can't w/visual inspection (if it is a sensor gone bad the jack be down, but the corresponding LED should show the jack partly extended).
Good luck & let us know what you find.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #4

Here is a better HWH Fuse & LED schematic for quick reference. I have this two page doc plastic-laminated back to back (so it is a single plastic sheet w/two sides) and in the coach at all times.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #5

Thank You Mike
Old 10-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #6

I just checked mine (for fun) and LD17, a yellow LED at the lower right of the upper grouping on the HWH motherboard, is on when jacks are down, off when jacks up & green Travel light comes on @ the console pad. Red LD18 just above it stays on when ignition or ACC is on.

Yellow LEDs 21-24 should be on whenever one of their respective jacks is unseated from its fully up position (LF, RF, RR, LR respectively). Any of these on tell the system you are not in Travel mode.
Red LEDs 25-28 come on when the LF, RF, RR, or LR jack hits the ground providing pressure feedback.

So if you have one of the #21-24 LEDs lit when you see jacks fully up, that jack is the offender; either it isn't really all up, or its warning switch is in need of further examination.

One last thing. Not sure when HWH started supplying the full see thru motherboard enclosure sides (our 06 had see thru enclosure), but some earlier models have aluminum enclosure plates obscuring the motherboard from weather, and a DIY'er diagnostician. If the alum. plate works like the clear plastic, just bend the rubber o-ring off the plate edges & remove the alum. plate to see the board & its LEDs.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:39 AM   #7

Thanks again...I can't tell you how much I appreciate your dilligence in trying to help!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #8

EngineerMike,

FYI, my '04 has the clear cover on the HWH motherboard. I used it to re-adjust the level indicator LED's.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #9

Turns out I was a little low of hydraulic fluid and it set the alarm off. Thanks for all the suggestions.