Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #1

I searched all across the USA and have finally found a 2000 Alpine Coach to buy. My wife and I are picking it up in 18 days.

Thanks to this forum, and its contributors, I knew what to watch for on used coachs. It turns out this coach didn't have the upgraded 350 amp ground fuse installed so WRV is mailing me one. I'm taking it with me and will install it before I drive home to Southern California.

Tom

2000 Alpine Coach Limited 36FDS
Lindenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #2

I searched all across the USA and have finally found a 2000 Alpine Coach to buy. My wife and I are picking it up in 18 days.

Thanks to this forum, and its contributors, I knew what to watch for on used coachs. It turns out this coach didn't have the upgraded 350 amp ground fuse installed so WRV is mailing me one. I'm taking it with me and will install it before I drive home to Southern California.

Tom

Old 12-11-2006, 05:14 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new coach. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it. If you want to be shown as a member of the Alpine Coach Forum let me know and I'll make the change to your title.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #4

Hi Mark, Please do change my title to show me as a member of the Alpine Coach Forum.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:41 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Tom & Laurel,

Welcome to the Alpine family!! We hope you will be able to join us at Quartzsite in January (18 - 23) so we have the opportunity to meet you. You can find registration information at alpinecoachassociation.com, and if you like the experience, we would love to have you join the Alpine Coach Association, better known as ACA.

In addition, within ACA, we have formed Regions to allow Alpine owners in various geographic areas to get together more frequently. The Region for Southern California is called Alpine SoCal, and you can check us out at alpinesocal.com. Dave Fernandez, the SoCal president, and I, the SoCal rally director, will both be at Quartzsite, and would love to talk with you about SoCal if you think you will be interested. Our next rally is in Las Vegas from February 16 - 18, and it would be great to have you join us.

I forgot to ask where you found your new rig and how far you have to drive to get it...hopefully not too far.

We hope all goes well with your purchase and the drive back home. Have a great time!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lindenberg:
Hi Mark, Please do change my title to show me as a member of the Alpine Coach Forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got it.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #7

Congratulations on your quest. I know you will love your Alpine.
Hope to meet you at one of the Rallies

hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #8

Tom & Laurel, Congratulations, welcome to the family hope to meet you at a rally.
Lindsay
Old 12-13-2006, 08:26 AM   #9

Hi Gail & John,

I found the coach at Dallas Texas company called PC Auto & RV Concepts . The owner, Mel, has gone over and beyond the normal level of customer service in answering my questions about this coach. For example, the coach didn't have the owner's manual so Mel has ordered one from WRV and is shipping it to my house so I can read up on it before I fly to Dallas. I pick up the coach in 15 days and will keep you updated on my progress.

Here are some photos of the coach.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
We are going to be in Dallas from the 17th through the 31st at TreeTops Village. If you need a first night place to stay - give them a call. The best RV Park in Dallas in our opinion. Of course, it is also the closest to our daughter so that may have something to do with our rating of the park.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:36 PM   #11

Hi Tom,

Congrats on your new Alpine Limited coach. Looked at the pictures and thought I was in mine. They are identical and we love ours.

Look close at the picture of the Gally Slide, it looks like the slide topper is missing. Now I'm sure the Dealer will put in a new one for you if it has not already been done.

Hope to meet you at a rally soon.

Fred

2000 36' FDS Alpine Limited
Kori & Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #12

Hi Tom,

Congrats on your new Alpine Limited coach. Looked at the pictures and thought I was in mine. They are identical and we love ours.

Look close at the picture of the Gally Slide, it looks like the slide topper is missing. Now I'm sure the Dealer will put in a new one for you if it has no

2000 36' FDS Alpine Limited
Kori & Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #13

This coach does have a new slide topper. The pictures were taken before it was added.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:21 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Tom,

Haven't been on in a few days, so I just saw your pictures. The coach looks like it is in great shape. It really reminds me of our first coach, which was a 2001 36ft; the only difference looks like the placement of the TV.

It sounds like you found a wonderful dealer, which for a first time buyer is a great thing.

Have a safe flight to Dallas and an even safer, but much more fun, trip home.

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote