Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2019, 07:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEC0717 View Post
Same thing happened to my kitchen vent fan. Turned out it was a loose wire connector that was located behind the shower area vent fan. Take the frame off the shower vent fan and you should find the power wire feeding both fans twisted together with a cap.

But the shower fan works... I guess it’s worth a try. Wasn’t able to get to it tonight. I’ll try to take a look this weekend.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2019, 07:55 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboneTHW View Post
My kitchen vent fan is not working. I checked the fuse, all is good. Removed the switch and I’m not getting 12V. Reverted to old Navy troubleshooting and swapped the switch with one I knew worked, still no power and not working.

Any ideas where to check next? I don’t think it’s the fan itself. Normally, I’d be looking for a fuse, but don’t know where I should be looking on the Vansco to see if there is an issue there.

Thanks in advance.

When you say “Removed the switch and I’m not getting 12 volts” are you talking about the switch on the fan or the one at the kitchen sink?

I believe your 2005 40’ should have the same DC fuse panel that I have on our 2005 38’. The 4th, 5th and 6th fuse from the left (which are all 15 am) control the interior 12 volt circuits and that should cover the kitchen fan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1357.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	249912
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboneTHW View Post
My kitchen vent fan is not working. I checked the fuse, all is good. Removed the switch and I’m not getting 12V. Reverted to old Navy troubleshooting and swapped the switch with one I knew worked, still no power and not working.

Any ideas where to check next? I don’t think it’s the fan itself. Normally, I’d be looking for a fuse, but don’t know where I should be looking on the Vansco to see if there is an issue there.

Thanks in advance.

When you say “Removed the switch and I am not getting 12V.” Are you referring to the switch on the fan or the switch in the kitchen?

Your 2005 40’ should be the same as our 2005 38’. Your fuse should be the 4th, 5th or 6th from the left.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1357.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	249914

I do not see my prior post, but this picture has been enhanced so you can read the list.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
When you say “Removed the switch and I am not getting 12V.” Are you referring to the switch on the fan or the switch in the kitchen?

Your 2005 40’ should be the same as our 2005 38’. Your fuse should be the 4th, 5th or 6th from the left.
Attachment 249914

I do not see my prior post, but this picture has been enhanced so you can read the list.

Dr Dave, I’ll snap a photo of what I have later today. It definitely isn’t labeled. And yes, I’m talking about the on/off switch in the kitchen.

Thanks for the insight!
Old 06-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #19

Mine is labeled just like Dave’s, also an ‘05. The fuse is 15a, 8th from the right, yellow wire in the 12v fuse block under the bathroom sink.

FWIW, I’ve also had issues with the push button awitches which are operated by the vent covers.

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #20

So I pulled all the 15 amp fuses; none were blown. Took the fan down from inside, cleaned connections and tried it while it was down. Like magic, it came on. Put it back together and it’s still working. Doesn’t make any sense to me, but I’ll take it...
Old 06-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
One other thing I have seen, the fuse block has a break and the connectivity is intermittent. With the fan on and running, wiggle the fuse, see if the fan turns off and on, if so replace the fuse block. I had the furnace fuse do that.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #22

Hambone, during the various exchanges, I did not see that you had acknowledged the suggestion that you check the little on/off pressure switch up in the lid of the fan enclosure, which sounds to me like it may have been your problem all along. Then you took the whole thing down, cleaned it, and it then worked. The remote switch on the kitchen counter is only a single pole switch, which just switches one leg. (hot). It will not register anything when you check it with a V/M unless you have one leg of your tester connected to ground.
As Dr. Dave mentioned, it could've been a fuse just needing to be jiggled around, but my money goes with the on/off switch up in the fan lid; much more apt to give problems due to being exposed to all manner of stuff.
Dudley Do-Right, '06ApexMDTS
Dudley do-right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley do-right View Post
Hambone, during the various exchanges, I did not see that you had acknowledged the suggestion that you check the little on/off pressure switch up in the lid of the fan enclosure, which sounds to me like it may have been your problem all along. Then you took the whole thing down, cleaned it, and it then worked. The remote switch on the kitchen counter is only a single pole switch, which just switches one leg. (hot). It will not register anything when you check it with a V/M unless you have one leg of your tester connected to ground.
As Dr. Dave mentioned, it could've been a fuse just needing to be jiggled around, but my money goes with the on/off switch up in the fan lid; much more apt to give problems due to being exposed to all manner of stuff.
Dudley Do-Right, '06ApexMDTS

Dudley, I didn’t address that specifically. As you stated, I did take it down to clean everything, which it desperately needed. When I put it back together, all was good.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:23 PM   #24
JWT

Alpine Owners Club
You might want to check the ground wire on top of the fan, I have one that wasn’t working until I cleaned the ground wire. Just a thought ...
Old 06-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
I had problem with the bathroom fan quit working. After taking it down and tracing the power from the source at the switch, I found the 3 speed switch not working. I pulled the switch and purchased a new one from Amazon (about $27.00). After replacing the new 3 speed switch, all is working like new.
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #26

Thanks everyone! I’m noting all of these for the next time one of them stops working.

Tags
fan, vent