Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #15

seems that lippert bough out kwikee and changed the part #s

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2016, 02:25 PM   #16

heres some conversion info..

http://www.makariosrv.com/content/Kw...nt%20Parts.pdf

Old 06-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #17

got the step working good, it was the controller...found one on ebay that is the replacement for the old part number

thanks for all the help and replies
Old 06-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
kwikee
I have a 2004 alpine..34'r

when I bought it the guy worked on it all day try'n to fix it... still don't work...
so now that it's home, I've been trying to make it work.... there seems to be a circuit braker that goes off, step is stuck out...
when I took the motor off, and you open the door the motor turns the direction to push it out.... but the motor only turns every other time...
(they put a new motor on at the dealer)
there are two wires going to the door switch....are they both ground?? what it seems to me is the two wires going to the motor are both hot wires and the control box says which one to be hot... one reverses the motor and one is forward?.. the motor grounds by the case???
LVRVLUVR
A trouble shooting guide showing how to check the wiring and the operation of any Kwikee step will be found in the Kwikee step owner's manual for that particular model of Kwikee step.

If you don't have an owner's manual Google "XXX kwikee owner's manual" or "XXX kwikee troubleshooting"....using the model number of your Kwikee steps in place of the Xs.

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 06-11-2016, 12:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
LVRVLUVR
A trouble shooting guide showing how to check the wiring and the operation of any Kwikee step will be found in the Kwikee step owner's manual for that particular model of Kwikee step.

If you don't have an owner's manual Google "XXX kwikee owner's manual" or "XXX kwikee troubleshooting"....using the model number of your Kwikee steps in place of the Xs.

Mel
'96 Safari
thanks , thats what I did, first eliminated the coach, then the function of the steps and cleaned all the grounds... it would go out but never retract...
did all the tests per the manual
Old 08-31-2016, 01:40 AM   #20

I assume you found the controller for your step by now. If not, I have one that will do the job. I had a clicking sound from the controller on mine, step operating erratically, ordered the part. Before it got here, checking around battery compartment, found loose positive terminal. Fixed the step problem, thus have a surplus controller. Apparently, the part number has been updated to another number, don't have the number handy, but can get it if you still need this part.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
got the step working good, it was the controller...found one on ebay that is the replacement for the old part number
thanks for all the help and replies
LVRVLUVR
Do you have the link to the controller you found on ebay,
Thanks
Mel
Old 09-12-2016, 07:01 PM   #22

I found the updated controller on Amazon. Instead of the ending digits of 6000, the updated one is 6003. The one I got was advertised as "used" for about 1/2 price, in the $150 range.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:20 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronidom View Post
I found the updated controller on Amazon. Instead of the ending digits of 6000, the updated one is 6003. The one I got was advertised as "used" for about 1/2 price, in the $150 range.
ronidom
Was the "updated controller you found on Amazon" a Kwikee controller?

If so the complete part number of the controller you found would be helpful/useful....(please share the complete part number with us).

Thanks
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 09-14-2016, 07:42 AM   #24

Kwikee Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
ronidom
Was the "updated controller you found on Amazon" a Kwikee controller?

If so the complete part number of the controller you found would be helpful/useful....(please share the complete part number with us).

Thanks
Mel
'96 Safari
There is only one Kwikee step controller listed on Amazon. The part number is 909506003. Another poster above that Lippert apparently bought out Kwikee and changed the part number, this is shown as Kwikee on Amazon. Amazon has/had a couple of choices as to new/mild used, etc. for reducing price.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:14 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
did you already use a magnet to test the door switch?
Old 09-15-2016, 06:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonfu View Post
did you already use a magnet to test the door switch?
Not sure if this question was intended for me. My problem was solved when I found the positive battery terminal had worked loose. Prior to that finding, my step was working erratically like others on here. I crawled under and heard a clicking from the controller, thus thought that may be the problem but turned out the battery connection, has been working correctly ever since, used multiple times.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:24 PM   #27

Maybe late for the OP but the Kwikee Owners Manuals for pre-05 and 05+ are on the ACA Tech Library under Exterior
Thanks to LVRVLVR for the updated parts list, I'll get that on the Tech Library also.

Tags
kwikee