Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:53 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
On our old coach we had no ladder. I went through many ladders before I got a telescoping ladder. It is small to store and will get me on the roof. Our local Costco now has these in stock again, so I thought I would let everyone know. They are the 12 1/2 foot ones needed to get onto the roof, not the 10 footer that Camping World has.

Dale

Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2007, 06:53 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
On our old coach we had no ladder. I went through many ladders before I got a telescoping ladder. It is small to store and will get me on the roof. Our local Costco now has these in stock again, so I thought I would let everyone know. They are the 12 1/2 foot ones needed to get onto the roof, not the 10 footer that Camping World has.

Dale

Old 09-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Dale,

I'm glad you posted this tidbit. I've been thinking that I need to buy one of these telescoping ladders and I'd prefer to buy it from Costco due to their wonderful money-back-guarantee.

Sometime in the past month I read a complaint that someone had bought one of these types of ladder (I don't know who sold it or what brand) but it had either screws or a sharp edge that touched the side of the users motorhome (up high) and gouged the paint. So, purchase and use with caution.

Thanks again Dale! And, thanks for your email and phone helpfulness as we were researching Alpines before joining the "family"!

2004 Alpine 34 FDDS
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Mike,

The one I saw at costco was the one like I have, I feel it is one of the best I have seen out there. I used 2 pieces of heavy foam pipe insulation that I could snap onto the ladder tubes on which ever section of ladder that would lean against the coach.

Dale
Old 09-20-2007, 10:46 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Is there a reason that the Alpine coaches do not have a ladder on the back. I was thinking about haveing one installed on the 05 36mdds I am buying, but they tell me it could be a bit more in volved than just screwing it on.
Brad
Old 09-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
You will need to check but I think WRV only started installing wood backing in the areas of the ladder mounts in 2006. If you open the engine compartment and look up in the area where a ladder mounts you can see if there are any blocks fiber glassed to the back cap, if they are installed then you could get a ladder mounted. I had wanted to install a ladder on my 2002 but decided it was too much trouble and just carried the telescoping ladder.

Dale
Old 09-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
I just was out at the coach and thought that I would refresh my memory about the ladder mount reinforced areas incase some one asked. I guess I hadn't looked that good before. The mounting screws for the middle supports go through the fiber glass just above the reinforced area. At least it is close.

Dale
Old 09-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Dale
Thanks for the info.
Brad
Old 09-21-2007, 06:37 AM   #9

As regards the teleladder steps scraping the coach when leaned against it: I got some black rubber automotive door edge guard at Pep Boys and cut pieces to press right on the inside edge of the top three steps. Didn't even need to glue it on- it fit very snugly. Now I can lean it against the coach without scratching the paint.