Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #1

OK, I will try this again. My previous post was removed for the following
reason; Jim

"I believe your post promoting your rally is in violation of IRV2
guidlines. This Rally is mainly a sales event and is prohibited in our
forums."

Danny

I want to assure everyone that the Las Vegas Rally WILL NOT MAINLY BE A
SALES EVENT!!!! PERIOD. We simply want to offer a pre-rally for Alpine
owners. We want to run the rally by a committee made up from Alpine owner
volunteers. We would like to follow the very successful format that the
ACA has done is their previous rallys.

If any Alpine owner would like to volunteer to help I would appriciate it.

As I said in my previous post, I am new to this and would be the first to
admit many shortcomings. If the ACA would like Guaranty to step aside we
would gladly let the club take over. Believe me, it is a lot easier to
just hand over a check and be thanked than to try to coordinate a Rally
for the first time. We have no hidden agenda.

My e-mail is jim.hardy@guaranty.com

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #2

OK, I will try this again. My previous post was removed for the following
reason; Jim

"I believe your post promoting your rally is in violation of IRV2
guidlines. This Rally is mainly a sales event and is prohibited in our
forums."

Danny

I want to assure everyone that the Las Vegas Rally WILL NOT MAINLY BE A
SALES EVENT!!!! PERIOD. We simply want to offer a pre-rally for Alpine
owners. We want to run the rally by a committee made up from Alpine owner
volunteers. We would like to follow the very successful format that the
ACA has done is their previous rallys.

If any Alpine owner would like to volunteer to help I would appriciate it.

As I said in my previous post, I am new to this and would be the first to
admit many shortcomings. If the ACA would like Guaranty to step aside we
would gladly let the club take over. Believe me, it is a lot easier to
just hand over a check and be thanked than to try to coordinate a Rally
for the first time. We have no hidden agenda.

My e-mail is jim.hardy@guaranty.com

Old 01-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #3

Jim,
I for one want to thank Guaranty and WRV for doing what ACA was apparently unable to do. I was disaapointed when ACA announced that there would be no rally and like many others had MANY questions which i wont go into here. One of course was already asked on this forum such as will there be a caravan to Pomona and since ACA has not chosen to address this I am happy that Guaranty and WRV have stepped up.

I certainly undersdtand IRV2.com for not wanting to promote a sales event and am glad your being able to be heard here on this forum. I congratulate you and WRV for steppiing up

I for one will certainly try to attend (since I had already given up on a LV rally)

Again, thank you Guraranty and WRV
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Jim, this thread is fine as long as there is no "open invitation" posted herein to purchase a coach...
Having not seen that occur, there's no reason to run for the extinguisher....

Not sure of anything that happened in a previous thread, but I can assure you this thread will be ok...

If there is ever a question, please refer to the rules link at the bottom of every page.... It's under the Terms of Service.

Thank you for your support.

Bob
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #5

More information on the Las Vegas Rally for Alpine owners. The cost is $300.00. Dates are; check-in 2/20/08, Check out- morning of 2/24/08. There will be a carivan to the main FMCA Rally in Pomona. Checks should be made out to Guaranty RV's, and be sent to PO Box 933, Springfield, Or. 97477 Att: Kathie Hardy
Old 01-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #6

I too would like to thank Guaranty and WRV for stepping up and doing this rally for us. I'm sorry ACA is not going to be able to put this on as we have always enjoyed the ACA Rallies - lots of fun and an opportunity to go "places" we wouldn't have gone had it not been for the rally, also to meet other owners - we've made some really great friends from the ACA Rallies.

We plan to attend and are willing to help anyway we can.

dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Is there an itinerary or schedule for the rally?

What does $300 get me, aside from wonderful company? LOL.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Takepride,

Since Guaranty took this on at the last minute and everyone has been at the DDR in quartzsite, the itinerary is still being added to. You will get 4 nights at Outdoor Resorts, February 20th to February 24th. This is a high end resort with the discounted rally rates being $60.00 a night, this alone totals $240. Here is a link to their website.

http://www.lasvegasmotorcoachresort.com/main.php

There are 2 dinners and a wine and cheese tasting planned. You will get more than you pay for with Guaranty and WRV chipping in a good amount to support us Alpine owners. WRV will have service tech's there. We are are adding to the events and fun as I post. We are trying to get some specials on local entertainment and tours for those that want them, these will be optional and separate from the rally fee. Anyone who would like to help, let us know. Guaranty is going out of their way to make this a great event, and remember 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.'

When I say we, I mean, Guaranty, WRV and the Alpine owners who are putting a great deal of their time to make this a great rally for you. (I am just a helper.)

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hrhuggie:
I for one want to thank Guaranty and WRV for doing what ACA was apparently unable to do. I was disaapointed when ACA announced that there would be no rally ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think dealer & factory participation is greatly appreciated at our events. The dealers & factory are part of what make our rallies the enjoyable events that they are. In addition, they enable our rally fees to be affordable through their contribution to the rally costs.

However, the ACA Las Vegas rally was canceled in part because the dealers & WRV would not commit to sponsoring the rally. When the rally finally got to where it was only 6-7 weeks away (back in early January) still without commitment from dealers & factory, the Board voted to cancel the LV rally. Firm commitment was needed in early January (at the latest), because the fees would have to be estabilished and registration material sent out to the club. If the rally fee is underestimated (due to last minute non-participation of dealers/factory) the money to cover the short fall may have to come out of the general club account. That would make members who did not attend angry (and rightly so).

Why did Guaranty step up so quickly once ACA announced the cancellation of the LV rally, I don't know. But, ACA needs firm support from the dealers & factory, because these rallies are events that take alot of advanced planning and cannot just be thrown together or even easily adjusted "on the fly" if a dealer decides to participate during the last minute.

Anyway, if you go, have fun. And always keep in mind ... "Caveat emptor"
Jeff_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #10

My wife and I organized the Alpine So Cal rally at the Outdoor Resorts Las Vegas last year, so we are familiar with the rally rates at the resort and the catering costs and options. So I know Dale's numbers are good.

I am sure there are reasons the ACA board took their actions. And I am sure there are reasons that WRV and Guaranty took their actions. And that most of us do not know what they were. But the fact is that they did take them.

So now the question is if we trust Guaranty to put on the kind of rally that we will enjoy and want to be a part of. Based on past rally experiences with Guaranty, we do, so our check is in the mail.

A buyer should always be aware.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #11

Guaranty RV's has participated in all Alpine pre-rally's with the
exception of Hilton Head where we only participated in the main FMCA rally. The reason we "so quickly" stepped up was because of reasons that I explained on my first post that Danny removed; 1) We had already committed to both WRV and ACA that we were going, 2)We feel it is important to have a pre-rally for Alpine owners. Monaco, Country Coach, Safari, Holiday Rambler, Beaver, Itasca, Newmar, etc. all have pre-rally's that we are, or have, participated in, and 3) It was the 11th hour, if it was going to happen, we had to react quick.

As it was, the original ACA location was the Oasis RV park in Las Vegas and had already booked to another group before I found out that ACA had canceled. Even though I had phone conversations with Gale Johnson several times before the board canceled the pre-rally and Gale knew that Guaranty was committed to participate, no one on the board informed me when the decision was made. (I understand that I am not a member of ACA, and they have no obligation to do so) I told Gale Johnson yesterday that if he or someone would have called me, I could have called the factory and resolved any commitment problems in 10 minutes, and would have been glad to do just that, and I do believe I could have.

It is my understanding that Uhlmann's RV's had decided not to participate, but I do not know that for sure. I can tell you that both the factory and Gale Johnson knew that Guaranty had committed. We had already agreed with the factory on how much our "buy in" would be. That is another reason we decided to step up. We were already committed!!!!

I would like to state that we have had many, many, many, e-mail responses from members of ACA and so far not one of them have been negative. I'm sorry if I said anything to offend any members, but I do not apologize for taking a stand for Guaranty RV's, our employee's, or myself on this issue.

If you read my posting, there was an open invitation to ACA to take over the rally and Guaranty RV's would step aside. How much plainer can I state it? I also stated that "We have no hidden agenda". I wonder if everybody else involved can say the same?

In closing, I challenge everyone to stop, take a deep breath, and chose if they want to keep trying to divide and conquer, or let the past be just that and become one team, with one voice, and one purpose........TO HAVE FUN!!!

Together we will accomplish far more than individually!

Thank You
Old 01-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #12

Jim,

Thank you so much for your reply. This certainly clarifies the situation. Obviously, there was more to the ACA cancellation of the rally than any of us know.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Wish we could be there. We have yet to caravan to an FMCA rally.

Patty and I are sure a good time will be had by all. $300 sounds like a reasonable price to me.

All of the rallies we have attended, IIRC, had one coach or more from Guaranty. We weren't forced to look at them, but it is fun to see the new "stuff". In almost all of our So-CAl events Guaranty has participated and helped with costs.

Here is hoping for a good turn out of Alpine Coaches. As Jim says "Have Fun".
Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #14

It seems to me that if ACA and possibly even WRV are to survive, the ACA board and Members should take Jim Hardy's challenge to HEART: "LET THE PAST BE JUST THAT AND BECOME ONE TEAM, WITH ONE VOICE, AND ONE PURPOSE ......TO HAVE FUN!!!".