Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Leaving the Highway at 75mph

I want to thank everyone for their kindly remarks concerning our little high speed extravaganza. Even though we have a few splintered parts and a couple of bent ones, we owe alot to the strong Alpine structure and the Peak chassis.

Thanks to Matt for the lead on the parted out '03 Alpine. I talked to the company owning the coach and was able to purchase several replacement parts for our coach. Additionally, I found out that the coach had a fire in the bedroom which rushed into the center of the coach causing extensive damage to the interior and melting the back of the coach. That's why the pictures show the front and both sides.

Now, a new question. I understand thatg there are several insurance companies out there that provide full coverage on the coach, but only provide the full coverage when the coach is on the road. When it is stored, coverage is reduced. I have requested information from several local agents and they all seem to think that I am drinking something and not sharing with them. Anyone have the number to an insurance company whoprovides this coverage, or just the name of the company, I can do the research on finding out where?

David & Kacy Alexander
Corrales, NM
2003 Alpine 40' FDTS
Dave&Kacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
It's great to see that your "off road" experience is turning out not so bad. I can only hope we will as lucky if we have one!

I believe it is GMAC (possibly through Good Sam) that offers a reduced rate for "seasonal" use, where it is stored for a period of time. I seem to remember it only made sense if you stored it for over a month at a time.

Stewart, Brenda and kids
2008 Newmar Canyon Star 3410
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #3
Try Farm & City ins. at 800-331-1520 and ask for Trese Hallett..we got great service from her..
Melorene is offline   Reply With Quote