Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
Yikes....did you see the cost per LED bulb...$25 + shipping! I really like the idea, colors, and coolness for these LEDs....BUT I am going to hold off cause of the cost per blub. EEK...I could fill up my gas tank on the MH for the cost to replace existing bulbs with LED lights. Sorry if I sound cheap...I could bite for like $5/LED and at that price it still way more than the replacement bulb.
X2 Yikes to the price

donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #16

We replaced all the lights in our RV with LED's. However, we got them through a couple of different suppliers on E-Bay. Sure, they came from China, but at a fraction of the cost from what I could find here in the U.S. We compared some of the lamps to what was in Camping World and could not tell the difference, except for about $20.00 dollars or more each. They have been in use now for over a year and we have not had any problem with them what so ever. When ordering we always used one of the "top rated sellers".

Old 11-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
Yikes....did you see the cost per LED bulb...$25 + shipping! I really like the idea, colors, and coolness for these LEDs....BUT I am going to hold off cause of the cost per blub. EEK...I could fill up my gas tank on the MH for the cost to replace existing bulbs with LED lights. Sorry if I sound cheap...I could bite for like $5/LED and at that price it still way more than the replacement bulb.

X3

For the cost and the supposed advantage never mind, all of the lights in our RV have been there since we bought it. I can replace every bulb inside and probably outside for the cost of 2 maybe 3 of them led lights.

If We Can't Haul It....You Don't Need It ! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Ok you guys are driving me crazy on the cost.

You all have an RV, right? But you didn't need it. But, it brings you enjoyment.
Well I enjoy these lights, they are different. Just like our Alpine is different and not common.
I bought two, didn't outfit the whole rig with them. We have LED in the bedroom too ( just white- Prudent RV).

So I won't go out eat a couple of times. Thankfully I got 100 gallons of diesel fuel in the tank.

I wanted them, I bought them. :-) Maybe I'll get red/ white for the lights over the dash. What? Oh, Patty says I can't have red ones!!!

They still look cool. AGM batteries anyone?
Old 11-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
Ok you guys are driving me crazy on the cost.

You all have an RV, right? But you didn't need it. But, it brings you enjoyment.
Well I enjoy these lights, they are different. Just like our Alpine is different and not common.
I bought two, didn't outfit the whole rig with them. We have LED in the bedroom too ( just white- Prudent RV).

So I won't go out eat a couple of times. Thankfully I got 100 gallons of diesel fuel in the tank.

I wanted them, I bought them. :-) Maybe I'll get red/ white for the lights over the dash. What? Oh, Patty says I can't have red ones!!!

They still look cool. AGM batteries anyone?
Yep.......I agree whole heartedly. I always got questions from friends asking how we "justify" the cost of our MH.....we don't. We bought our first one in 1979 and have not looked back since. We love the lifestyle and all the grand places we have visited.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #20

Not everything is done out of primal "need." Sometimes we just "want" to do it!

LED, florescent, incandescent, halogen, mercury vapor, laser, whatever...

OP was sharing a "want" that he did. You may or may not find it interesting, useful, or justifiable. Regardless, the OP did a great job and THANKS for sharing it. Frankly, I did not know that multicolored standard base LED replacements were even on the market yet...
Old 11-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #21

Tom has that extra money to spend on LED lights since he is not paying CA prices to fill his diesel tank!

We each can decide what we want to do with our money (at least for now). Like Tom I will eat out a couple less times to get better light. Others might buy lottery tickets or spend evenings in a bar with their money. Spend your money where you enjoy it. Most of my friends think you need to be insane to buy an RV in the first place.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You don't need to be insane to buy a MH but it helps.

I like Tom's LEDs. Didn't have a clue you could get them multi colors. I am searching for the multi colored ones now for a couple places in our MH. Hope to find them in an American made version.

Some people have money and will spend it, some have money and never spend it and some live payday to payday, to each his own.

Everyone has different views on spending. The LEDs for couple hundred seem reasonable to me.

The spend that gets me is taking out loan for a MH (or any toy) thats used as a toy . I would never finance a toy. If it's your primary residence that's different and the loan if necessary makes perfect sense. It simply replaces a mortgage on a sticks and bricks home. But thats just me, I don't criticize those that do.

Tom should not be criticized for his spend.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Cork View Post
Yep.......I always got questions from friends asking how we "justify" the cost of our MH.....we don't. We bought our first one in 1979 and have not looked back since. We love the lifestyle and all the grand places we have visited.
My neighbors must know your friends!!! I am now known as the "trailer trash" of the neighborhood.

Well, if being "trailer trash" means that I don't stay home and watch the leaves grown on the trees, the leaves turn yellow, the leaves fall off the tree, then I am good with that!

My MH takes me to places that they have never heard of, much less seen, and allowed me to see places so beautiful that it takes your breath away. Not in a book or magazine-- right in front of me. You just can't put a price on that!

They want to live their life in their four little walls- so be it, their choice- my life is a bit bigger than that!

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
My neighbors must know your friends!!! I am now known as the "trailer trash" of the neighborhood.

Well, if being "trailer trash" means that I don't stay home and watch the leaves grown on the trees, the leaves turn yellow, the leaves fall off the tree, then I am good with that!

My MH takes me to places that they have never heard of, much less seen, and allowed me to see places so beautiful that it takes your breath away. Not in a book or magazine-- right in front of me. You just can't put a price on that!

They want to live their life in their four little walls- so be it, their choice- my life is a bit bigger than that!

Sheila
Ditto.

I drove to CT from OH the other day for a meeting. Took my car instead of the MH. Suffered withdrawals. I have been in the MH so much lately for long trips I got use to all the conveniences.

I love our house but the MH takes me to places I would never go in the car.

I don't know if the neighbors call me trailer trash or not and don't care. I do think they will be happy when the garage is built and the MH is kept inside.

In the summer months we enjoy our house, have friends over to swim and all that stuff but when the snow falls we can head south, the neighbors they are stuck with the snow.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen