Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2015, 11:11 AM   #43

Alpine Owners Club
I have an 06 Apex with a SilverLeaf system. Had a similar problem, None of the hydraulics would work, we (SilverLeaf, HWH, and all my contacts) tried to help. End of story is I found a bad reset button in the HWH bay that I replaced as well as a new ignition switch but still had the problem. In frustration and completely shut down the MH, chassis and engine switches OFF, unplugged it from shore power and left it for about a week, absolutely no power to any system. Had full charge in all batteries. Went back and powered up the whole system, went to HWH bay and worked the reset button several times. Turned on the leveler system and the jacks started working sorta-kinda. The more I worked the system the better it worked. Finally everything was working except the thing struggled to level the coach. I had to work the manual level option to get it level. Had a "excess slope" warning even though my home pad is level concrete. I suggest you take it to a HWH service shop and tell then to adjust or exercise the auto leveler module even though it doesn't indicate there is a problem. I live in NW Washington so I took it to a place called AL's RV in Bellingham Washington. They exercised the adjustments in the HWH system and solved all leveler issues.

Hope this helps
Hartsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #44

I wanted to thank everyone for their input in tracking this down. Ultimately it was a bad controller box. HWH rebuilt it for pretty much nothing, and now everything works as it should. We lost 2 months of sales ability, but I would rather have a clean conscience that everything works.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:52 AM   #45

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks for the update!
Jeeper64060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #46

Like bigbirney my jack leveling issue was resolved.

I finally got around to working with HWH technical support to troubleshoot the problem. The turn around time is around seven days between calling HWH and getting a call back. After working with two HWH technicians the issue was narrowed down to the control box that controls the jacks. Power was not going from the control box to relay A. HWH repaired the 610 control box for around 15% the cost of a new box.

Thanks everyone for input into the issue.

This is the second time the 610 system failed and HWH repaired a component and I've had this coach for 1.5 years. Is this level of reliability normal?

I've been kicking around the idea of tapping into the airbags to level the coach since I'm pretty frustrated with reliability of the 610.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:28 AM   #47

Alpine Owners Club
yuppie_rednk:

I posted about my 06 Alpine HWH system problems in July which I thought were solved after taking the coach to an authorized HWH repair place. I hit the road and immediately found that the coach leveling system was again not working and each time I attempted to level it (even manually) it would throw a "excess slope" message and shut down. So much for expert repairs. So I decided to study the system from one end to the other and become my own "expert". I purchased the correct connecters and some 15 amp rocker switches which I used to build a temporary manual control system which allowed me to actuate each jack individually. It was a bandage fix but it work if used carefully.

After returning home I started checking out each leveler jack and immediately found a leaking pressure sensor which also had a poorly repaired wire that sends feedback to the system processors. Each jack has its own pressure sensor. It was caked with dirt and hyd fluid. I replaced it (which took about 20 minutes) and now I have a fine working system. I can't believe the tech who worked on my system didn't visually check the mechanical and hyd components first and worry about the electronic side last. My tech told me I needed a new jack, it didn't, it just needed to talk to the processor which it couldn't due to the leak and bad connection of the pressure sensor.
If you get really frustrated and want to build a manual system control, I have a wiring drawing along with info on the switches and correct connectors that might help you.

Send me a PM at (hartsnet@yahoo.com) or call 360-333-9594. All the techs really discourage taking that path warning that it will damage the processors even though I have seen one of them with a similar tool.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:18 PM   #48

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartsnet View Post
yuppie_rednk:

I posted about my 06 Alpine HWH system problems in July which I thought were solved after taking the coach to an authorized HWH repair place. I hit the road and immediately found that the coach leveling system was again not working and each time I attempted to level it (even manually) it would throw a "excess slope" message and shut down. So much for expert repairs. So I decided to study the system from one end to the other and become my own "expert". I purchased the correct connecters and some 15 amp rocker switches which I used to build a temporary manual control system which allowed me to actuate each jack individually. It was a bandage fix but it work if used carefully.

After returning home I started checking out each leveler jack and immediately found a leaking pressure sensor which also had a poorly repaired wire that sends feedback to the system processors. Each jack has its own pressure sensor. It was caked with dirt and hyd fluid. I replaced it (which took about 20 minutes) and now I have a fine working system. I can't believe the tech who worked on my system didn't visually check the mechanical and hyd components first and worry about the electronic side last. My tech told me I needed a new jack, it didn't, it just needed to talk to the processor which it couldn't due to the leak and bad connection of the pressure sensor.
If you get really frustrated and want to build a manual system control, I have a wiring drawing along with info on the switches and correct connectors that might help you.

Send me a PM at (hartsnet@yahoo.com) or call 360-333-9594. All the techs really discourage taking that path warning that it will damage the processors even though I have seen one of them with a similar tool.

Can you post the wiring diagram and the info on the switches and connectors, that way if someone wants to build one they will not have to bug you, one mail/phone call may not be bad, but many more than that all you will do is respond to email or phone calls. Additionally that info will be here for others to use in the coming months, preserved for all interested.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:41 AM   #49

Alpine Owners Club
leveling jacks wiring diagram

I can and will post the drawing and part numbers but can't get to it for a few weeks. The drawing was created using Excel, I will attempt to convert it to a PDF.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:32 PM   #50

Alpine Owners Club
If you need help converting the file to a pdf let me know, I speak Excel and can do the conversion.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #51

Alpine Owners Club
Leveling jacks wiring diagram

Send me an address or call. I used an older version of Excel, it has better drawing tools. I can convert it to the new version but it doesn't work very well.

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks