Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #15

Hey Im all for a better deal.... So if you can find anywhere that would ship a lifeline 6c for under $303 PLEASE let me know!
Wingding is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D & D Rich View Post
mythplaced and takepride,

I have been thinking about changing to the AGM's but after measuring they will not fit in my 2004 battery tray. I would think your 2003's would the same bat tray, but not sure. So as a warning you need to measure. I have 6 house and 2 chassis batteries (residential frig) . If you only have 4 house and 2 chassis you should be OK!!!! From left to right there are two rows of three deep for the house and one row of 2 deep for the chassis. The problem lies with the two house batteries closest to the frame. These rear two house batteries go under the frame about 2" and there is only about aprox. 12" of height there.
The AGM GPL-6CT are 12.65 tall and another .37 for the posts. You also have the bolt and wire cables. With the length and width I have, can't come up with an arrangement that will work.

I may go with 4 AGM in place of the 6 wet cell, but would give up some AH's. Have heard the AGM's have a better and longer draw. Can anyone that has changed there wet's to AGM confirm this? With AH before and after.
You can replace the existing batteries with 4CT's - they have the same footprint as Trojan golf carts (or anyone else's). They also have the same capacity. The advantages of AGMs are (supposedly) longer life, maintenance-free, and higher maximum charge/discharge rate. I wouldn't replace 6 batteries with 4. My situation (with an '01) was a battery tray sized for 4 batteries, so I traded in the size 4's for 6's to gain the extra 160 AH.
F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #17

Good Morning,

Having just returned from a week in Colorado Springs, Co., to have our
Xantrex Inverter repaired I wish to share the following info. For those of
you who are not do it your selfers our repairs were done at the following
authorized Xantrex and Magnum Energy Service Center. It is called the
1 Stop Custom Shop. Owners name is Robert Chapman. Phone # is
719-495-2740, Website is www.onestopcustomshop.com. While there
we also converted to Deka AGM Batteries. This man knows what he is
doing. He also spends time with you to explain exactly what he is doing
and how the inverter does its job. In regard to the batteries he told us
that 90% of the coaches (all brands) that come in are wired incorrectly.
It is not just a matter of replacing batteries but also cables, connections
etc. He does work for many police and emergency providers and
understands the whole picture. Highly recommended.

2000 Alpine Coach MDS
Towing: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Jay Kurrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #18

Hello,

I'm new here. Does anyone happen to know the name of the dealer/distributor that WingDing was in contact with for the $303 price on the Lifeline GPL-6C batteries?

I tried to Private Message him, but it appears he might not be on the board as much lately. If anyone else could post that dealer contact info (or private message it to me), then I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
rhinoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Lifeline Batteries

I don't think this is the dealer, but I purchased from Marc @ centexbatteries.com, ph 512 308-9002. He was great to work with and the best price I could find anywhere.
2009 Alpine 36 MDDS 425hp #75798
Anchorage, AK
Taxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxguy View Post
I don't think this is the dealer, but I purchased from Marc @ centexbatteries.com, ph 512 308-9002. He was great to work with and the best price I could find anywhere.
Yep. Centex is selling GPL-4CTs for $282 delivered.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #21

Thanks for the link to centexbatteries.com . They have good prices. I checked on their site, and they list the GPL-6CT batteries at $358 delivered. That is a pretty good price, but not as good as the $303 delivered price WindDing referred to last year. If anyone else knows about who that dealer/distributor was that WindDing talked to, then please let us know. Thanks again!
rhinoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #22

Those prices were over six months ago. I know that the price of batteries has increased. It would be real nice to be able to buy them for $303 ea.

I'm actually changing over to 6CT's tomorrow. $305 ea. plus an hours labor for installation. I'm replacing six. I'm going to be a real "Happy Camper" when I get them.........
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raca-roni View Post
Those prices were over six months ago. I know that the price of batteries has increased. It would be real nice to be able to buy them for $303 ea.

I'm actually changing over to 6CT's tomorrow. $305 ea. plus an hours labor for installation. I'm replacing six. I'm going to be a real "Happy Camper" when I get them.........
Where??????
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #24

Custom RV Inc.
4370 Hwy 72
Red Bay, AL 35582

Brannon Hutcheson
256-668-0973

AGM Lifeline GPL-4CT.......$255.00 ea

AGM Lifeline GPL-6CT.......$305.00 ea

This town is where the Tiffin Factory is located........
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:06 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Ok - Like many I want to change over to AGM's, and also need to replace the batteries in the coach. However, there is not any way on this planet, i'm going to pay 309.00 (quote I got from two different Lifeline distributors), when I can go to Costco, purchase 8 Golf Cart Batteries, which are most likely made by Johnson Controls, who also make the interstate batteries at 80 dollars apeace. It's a no braner, the difference in cost between 4 batteries versus 1. Oh well, guess I will keep adding water to those batteries, and all the rest that goes with it. Won't be joining the AGM club any time soon with those kinds of prices.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote