Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #1

Lifeline AGM Battery Discount Opportunity{Pooling}

If anyone is interested.... They are selling those Lifeline GPL-6C - 6 Volt Deep Cycle AGM Batteries for $340 with free delivery.... If i was to order 10... It would be $300 each with free shipping....

Is there anyone interested out there to go AGM ? I think it can be arranged if 2 others came together to buy 4 ..It can be individually sent in {$} and then combined
to form 1 order... They will ship the 3 sets of batteries to different locations...

So if anyone was thinking of going AGM 300ah and reducing from 6 to 4 the number of batteries at this time......
It is possible to get those batteries at $300 apiece {free shipping}

The online web store is....{Email me for address, as requested by dealer}

Let me know if your interested... The gentleman said we could pool our $ for the cheaper price..You would have to send the company your share and tell who you are combining your order with...
Of course the bigger the order the cheaper it would get.... BUT right now 3 people ordering 12 batteries at $300 each sounds pretty darn good with free shipping...

What do you think??? Is there a better deal to be found?

The dealer also told me ANY lifeline AGM order- 4C batteries- starting or house batteries...
The 4C would be $276 {free shipping} minimum order of 8.
Now the bigger the order .... It will go down from there... So the max price would be $276 for a 4C and $303 for a 6C... From there it could go down if there is a bigger order but that is the minimum to get the break in price. 8- 4C's minimum @ $276 and 10 6C's @ $303.
Let me know... Either way Im gonna do it...Even if I go alone at 4- 6C's @ $340 apiece...

I know this is pretty much a timing thing... if your in the market to do this....To go AGM from lead acid, this is a opportunity to do it at the best cost effective measure.

I know of no cheaper way to do this... this is the best deal I have seen yet on the internet.
Wingding is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
You're just a year too late for me! I have a full complement of Lifelines now. At considerably higher prices, of course.
F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:28 AM   #3

I'm interested in the GPL-4CTs. Not committed to buying, but maybe.
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
If we can get the cost down to $250 I'd go in for 6 of the GPL-6C
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Me, too.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:33 AM   #6

A while back I called Lifeline. Their web site listed a dealer near me, but had their main 800 number as the phone number.

I called it, and they said that store no longer sold Lifeline batteries. He said he could ship me GPL-4CTs for $207.40 plus $28 shipping each from a Florida location to where I live in Virginia.

This group buy doesn't sound like a great deal.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #7

Well, if that is the case, what are they asking for Lifeline GPL-6C - 6 Volt Deep Cycle AGM Batteries???

I mean if you can get the GPL-4CTs for $207.40 plus $28 shipping thats a better deal... $235 vs $267

Email me the phone number...I'll give them a call... IF they can beat $303 TOTAL , {THAT INCLUDES SHIPPING} then Im gonna make a quick deal...

How long ago did you get this pricing?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #8

This was a few months ago.

I went to this page:
Lifeline Batteries - Marine & RV Deep Cycle Batteries

And noticed the location in Woodbridge. I called the number, which went to Lifeline in California, I believe. That Woodbridge location no longer sells Lifeline.

I asked the guy about 4CTs (my compartment doesn't have clearance for a taller battery).

800-527-3224
Old 07-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #9

Thanks for the lightning quick response!
I'll give them a call and see what they have going!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
mythplaced and takepride,

I have been thinking about changing to the AGM's but after measuring they will not fit in my 2004 battery tray. I would think your 2003's would the same bat tray, but not sure. So as a warning you need to measure. I have 6 house and 2 chassis batteries (residential frig) . If you only have 4 house and 2 chassis you should be OK!!!! From left to right there are two rows of three deep for the house and one row of 2 deep for the chassis. The problem lies with the two house batteries closest to the frame. These rear two house batteries go under the frame about 2" and there is only about aprox. 12" of height there.
The AGM GPL-6CT are 12.65 tall and another .37 for the posts. You also have the bolt and wire cables. With the length and width I have, can't come up with an arrangement that will work.

I may go with 4 AGM in place of the 6 wet cell, but would give up some AH's. Have heard the AGM's have a better and longer draw. Can anyone that has changed there wet's to AGM confirm this? With AH before and after.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks dan,

There is all kinds of room in my 2003 bat box,,

I relocated my starting batteries to the wheel well wall, so the whole tray is open, i have 4 wet cell C16's (17 inches tall) in there now (total 800Ah) and a change to 6-300's would give me an additional 100Ah (900 total) more than enough to power the residential fridge and heater through the night!

I was going to add 690 watts of solar, (3 230W panels) but I already spent $ on the batteries so I postponed it....My biggest concern is keeping all these batteries charged...the 100 Ah charger in the inverter takes a while to "pump em up".
Old 07-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #12

Ok Gentleman, this is what I just found out.

{ I just erased the phone and ext. as asked by the distributor}

pvt message me for the number and ext for the deal.

I guess he does not want any heat...

If you want the 4c's it will be as said above.... $235 shipped.

Thats $15 under $250 and we dont even have to pool the money {send it in and state we are part of a group that they will tally}

Anotherwords, you can just make the order.....

Unfortunately I am going with the 6c's and I cannot get a better deal from him... I am still better off finding a couple people and going with the bulk 10 deal @ $303 a piece shipped from another distributor.

I would go with those 4c's but I dont like the tolerances provided in the battery box..certainly a "HELL" of a deal..... I dont think you can beat that for a lifeline 4c especially shipped!
I tried to get him to give me the $303 a piece deal shipped for the 6c's.......
He said if a couple of you made a order and said "wingding" he would give me the $303 deal...
I would imagine if a couple others out there would combine with me on some 6c's we could get this deal easy from the same distributor thats offering the $235 shipped for the 4c's... However he will not do it for 1 order.. so I need a few looking for 6c's to make a order OR a few who are going for that 4c $235 deal to kindly just mention "wingding" so I can get a break too.
Good luck, if you find a better deal anywhere for lifeline 6c's ..PLEASE! let me know!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Wing,

Just between You, Milt, and I we have an order for 18 6c's...talk to the guy....$303 is good, but $250 is even better
Old 07-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #14

Oh.... My ...6c's for $250....

ahhh..... I dont think thats gonna happen...

He said $285 but then there is shipping.... and it;s gonna be a lot worse than $303 total shipped.... Thats why Im better off going to the other guy for $303 shipped...

There's no way they will sell those 6c's for $250 shipped... Im shocked we found a deal for $235 shipped for the 4c's... That is absolutely Rock Bottom !

Sure wish I would go there... But i just dont like the tolerances of my battery box.
Seeing the piece on Engineer Mike's 4- battery 6c setup was the ticket for me...Im pretty handy and can weld {have a shop for any fabrication} and the 6c setup really looks the way for me personally to go..
However i have one glaring problem... I have a rare Onan Equinox inverter with the rarest of rare or maybe NEVER seen operator's manual...
So I am unable to program the unit for a AGM charge instead of a lead/acid charge.... Nothing on internet but advertisement and a call to now 3 onan cummings representatives have left me with 1 hour on hold and 2 other leave voice message and we will call you back { probably when they fill the position and office} Geeze !