Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:51 AM   #1

My wife and I keep zeroing in on an Alpine...Problem is that there are virtually no dealers within 300 miles or so. While there is a dealer listed in Indiana, that's a bit much to go see/drive one..and even if I did, then what happens with warranty/service?..This is one of those few coaches that has a mid entrance door, which wife is insisting upon

bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:51 AM   #2

My wife and I keep zeroing in on an Alpine...Problem is that there are virtually no dealers within 300 miles or so. While there is a dealer listed in Indiana, that's a bit much to go see/drive one..and even if I did, then what happens with warranty/service?..This is one of those few coaches that has a mid entrance door, which wife is insisting upon

Old 08-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome Stuart and Stella:

May I suggest that if you have a good RV service center in your area contact them and see if they would be willing to service and perform warranty work on an Alpine? Service work should almost be the same as on any DP Motorhome as the majority of the components are the same. Warranty work would be paid by WRV, if WRV approves them for the work. You can call WRV and ask how a service center can be approved. You can also pay for the warranty work up front and be reimbursed by WRV for warranty work. I have found some Service Centers do not want to deal with Manufactures on reimbursement for their work and all of the paperwork and time involved with getting their money from manufactures.

I hope this information helps with your decision on the purchase of an Alpine.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
S&S,

The service and warranty work is pretty easy. WRV can connect you with a (semi) local outfit to do any work you need. For example, Coach Care in Albany is not that far away, depending on where exactly you live in NJ. I'm sure there are others even closer. Just give WRV a call.

Finding your new coach is the most important part. If you're looking for NEW, at these prices, distance should not be a huge problem. It's the service that you want close by. Many people take delivery at the factory (I'd like to some day) and it's quite an event. The next best thing would be to check the local RV Shows. Make sure an Alpine Dealer will be there. They come quite a ways to make sales, and usually the best prices are negotiated at shows. Also check Alpine Coach Association's East Coast Chapter (ACE). Their past newletters have links and emails for people who live in your area. They could give you direction.

If you're looking for used and letting someone else take the "hit" on depreciation and letting them "debug" the coach, check the online sales listings (rvsearch.com, irv2.com, rversonline.com, rvusa.com, etc.). With a sharp eye you can find a really great buy. Remember to look into some buyer's insurance or extended warranties for used coaches. Also remember that most people selling their coach are asking considerably more than they would be willing to sell for. No one likes the depreciation they took when they drove it off the lot. Check the NADA Guide online. Just be persistent in your searches and patient. It'll pay off.

But the very most important part is to make sure it's an Alpine you find, not S.O.B. (some other brand). You'll never be sorry.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #5

mmm .. was not aware of any Alpine dealer in IN, but there is/was one in PA:

Stoltz RV/Marine
1335 Wilmington Pike
West Chester, PA 19382 USA
Phone: 888-600-1155

Ted III may be able to critique them for you, I think he hangs out in that neck of the woods.
BTF
Old 08-21-2007, 02:54 AM   #6

That should be Stoltzfus rather than Stoltz, who currently has a couple of new Alpines but no used.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #7

Those Alpines in Pa are new but are 2006...both front door models...This dealer was once on Alpine's website but now they are gone...I have a feeling they are no longer an active dealer but have to sell the last two they have...since they are 2006 models...the password is LOT ROT...
Old 08-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #8

We purchased our 2005 34' Alpine Limited in Masa Arizona.All warranty work has been via local RV dealers and a mobile Tech.I fronted the money and Alpine re paid us.No real problems yet.Good luck and enjoy an Alpine. Dan Akron,Ohio