Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
Location of Air Chuck?

I'm quite certain I recall having an air chuck pointed out to us on the walk through of our '07 34' SE when we picked it up at the factory. Have searched the forums to see if it might be identified vis a vis this particular coach, but find no reference. The only "location" I saw referenced was the back curbside compartment, which for us is batteries and related gear [no air supply there]. If someone is aware of where the air chuck might be on a 34, would like to identify (and use) it. Thanks!

Tom

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #2

In my '04 36 foot'er it is in the far back compartment on the passenger side, the same one with the oil dipstick, fuel filter, and the air filter canister, amongst other things. The one behind the battery compartment.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
In our coach it is in the front compartment, just forward of the left front tire.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
I think on the 07 that the PS rearmost compartment does not have a handle on it. It is opened by opening the battery compartment then pulling on the front edge of the rear door. The air quick disconnect is supposed to be at the lower front of that compartment below the eng and trans oil dip sticks.
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Because we have an apex, ours will have an extra one in the tank bay. We have one in the aft passenger side compartment where the air filter is located. I may have another on up front someplace but don't remember it for sure.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
Problem solved with these helpful comments. Many thanks. It was indeed as Jim A and Jim and Sandy indicated. And I found a new compartment in the bargain. Just as a FYI, it did not immediately work with the air hose I had previously used in our Country Coach. It has what the tire shop advises is a "non-standard" fitting. However that's now replaced and we're good to go. If anyone presently hasn't tested their air hose with the existing fitting, it's probably a good idea to do so before you need to rely on it.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
I have the same coach and first spotted the chuck from the engine compartment. "What good is it down there", I thought. Reaching under the panel, the door popped open. I installed a retracting hose reel against the battery compartment wall below the air cleaner. This gives me fifty feet of air hose very conveniently. It was easy to rearrange the fittings to connect the reel. I use a universal chuck.
Rick J Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #8

Tom- first open the battery compartment, then swing the rearmost lid open; if it isn't at the lower front of that rearmost rearmost compartment, then proceed to #2.
#2: open the patio side tank compartment door & look at the lower rear. That's where mine is (08SE).
Old 03-05-2011, 03:11 AM   #9

On board air pressure

Can you get enough air pressure ( 120 ) to air up motor home tires from the chuck located next to air filter.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #10

The purge valve on the air dryer releases air at 120 psi, unless yours has been modified. So you can get up to about 115-118 psi or so at the maximum.
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #11

Air up early in the a.m. If you wait till the tires heat up and pressure rises another 10psi, you'll have a tougher time getting to the right pressure. Mine cycles between 120 on the low side and 135 on the high. Works for me.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #12

I'm able to get 119-120 psi into the front tires using the air chuck outlet on the coach, by "tricking" the purge valve on the compressor. I release just enough air from the air hose to start the compressor working, then immediately place the air hose chuck on the valve stem. This "trick" keeps the compressor working right up to the edge of 120 psi and at the same time airing up the front tire.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks Dale! I was wondering if that trick would work. I just picked up a good hose at Quartzsite and will try it out soon. I already have to use that trick on my 125 psi pancake compressor, but cannot get more than 102 psi out of it anyhow. Maybe the onboard compressor will have more umph. I'd thought about buying one of the smaller compressors discussed on this forum, but I really don't want to carry yet another tool in the bins.